Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Expert
Expert
Half, actually most of the problem is access to them and getting permission from the Theater staff. Be aware that it is much "easier for everyone" if its done outside of normal working hours. Then comes the debate of unsocial hours and pay, and why some technicians don't want to work outside of the normal hours.

30 years since the Chernobyl disaster and yet we still have no super heroes or zombies.
Super Hero
Super Hero

These are (or have been) age-old problems. smile

You need to encourage the Theatre staff to take responsibilty for their equipment ... and get them to present it (that is, make it available) when PM falls due. In other words, put the onus on them.

Yes, it is indeed usually better from the "customer service" point of view if PM on theatre-based equipment is done (by arrangement with the Theatre staff) outside of normal hours.

Biomedical Engineering is a support service; if the in-house biomeds aren't up for "out of hours", then the Theatre Management may want to try looking elsewhere to get their PM done! frown

Bottom line(s):-

1) "Engage" with the Theatre Staff
2) Hire biomeds who have an interest in serving the Hospital!

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Adept
Adept
we brought our a/m's back in house about 15 years ago due to cost cutting and everything is fine. I have spread the servicing over the year so we average 3 ish a month. There are 2 techs including myself but I carry out the maintenance. I would recommend a general vent/anaesthetic training course to get the basics before starting manufacturer training ( we went to Eastwood Park). There is an initial outlay on test equipment and courses but I think this will be recovered within a year or two. If you do go in-house make sure any new purchases include training for a least 2 tech's.

if you need to discuss give me a call ext 3161

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (daisizhou, Giuseppe), 373 guests, and 479 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xmd, Nor, ReubenEngineer, Yousri, mosfet1996
10,183 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,068
Posts73,754
Members10,183
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020