No offence intended J. But thanks for keeping it short;) The issues over registration are quite wide ranging and will affect every aspect of our job from the basic tasks of servicing nebulisers or flowmeters right through to senior management. It seems that the VRCT is aimed at the middle section of biomeds, ignoring the requirements of lower grade staff who may not be able or want to progress. Also there will be a glass ceiling in place to prevent EBME mangers heading their own department. That position will be reserved for Clinical Scientists. As far as I can see there is no way that a Clinical Technologist can progress to Clinical Scientist without taking a few steps back. I was looking at enroling on an MSc course but felt that it would be worthless in this present climate.

There are other cosiderations to take on board regarding the scope of the Clinical Technologist profession. It's more than EBME guys (& gals). We would be registered in the same group as non-engineering medical physics technicians. I know that there are a lot of biomeds who don't have anything to do with med physics, so why should they be lumped together?

I could go on but i'm off for a pint It's pay day after all!