Hi Jo,
I've had some more thoughts on this, and I think that this could be an important Library Forum item. Darth would reasonably expect any equipment that he looked at to have a decon note. Here, as I have said before, the equipment loan service cleans everything that comes through our hands, so our lab knows that it is clean. Hence, no need for a decon note. We can't deal with anything on the inside of the instrument. There is also a school of thought in the lab that says that they don't require a decon note unless the equipment being sent to them has been contaminated. Not contaminated means an instrument used in an environment where there is no known source of contamination. Perhaps it is time for the pre library policy to be revisited. I have met this sort of policy "shift" before. Pre loan services / libraries, there was a national policy on the number of infusion devices that should be in place at all times on a Paeds ITU bed. This is no longer relevant, given that such a ward can get what it wants, when it wants it, from the library.
Keep up with the photos. Here, Infection Control ask us to supply these for "evidence", and we always make time to do so