Assuming that the supplier has actually examined the 'scope, how can you "justify" the mishap? Of course the user will admit nothing. Especially if s/he is expecting to be punished in some way. And, how can you expect the supplier to shoulder the expense of repairs or replacement, if such things are not covered in your agreement with him?

Once again I enquire:- what are the staff like? Have they been trained?

This "problem" is not going to go away, is it Mammad? I don't see what else we can offer you here (except, of course, sympathy).

Why not just write it off to an "accident", either pay to repair the 'scope or buy a new one, get the people trained, purchase a decent service contract ... then move on, and learn from the experience? Frankly (as I have said before), if hospitals cannot shoulder the financial burden of employing this sort of technology, then they should think twice about adopting it in the first place.

I know I am not alone in seeing (probably) hundreds of similar situations, not only with endoscopes, but with medical equipment of all types.

Case adjourned! frown


If you don't inspect ... don't expect.