Hi Cliff

I've just been given a door ribbon cable and stripping back one of the wires. A count 19 strands, so it appears to be extra flex.

We have not seen any signs of fluid ingress around the cable.

The part of the cable that is pressed against the rubber sleeve is especially stiff. Is there any possibility of a reaction between the additives in the PVC of the cable and those of the rubber sleeve?

The real problem is that this cable was not designed for this application where a small part of the cable is subjected to most of the flexion. The life specification of millions of cycles is for applications where the diameter of flexion is much greater.

I will pass on this new Arcomed recommendation of changing the stop flow housing, every time the cable fails, to my colleagues. I'm sure they will be overwhelmed with joy.

Regards Alan