Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact ☰
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#10457 21/03/06 12:17 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 47
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 47
Hi, can anyone out there inform me of the negotiated rise that we can expect or hope to expect if were still in jobs come next month?

#10458 21/03/06 12:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 48
Technologist
Offline
Technologist
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 48
The review board recomended 2% across the NHS, don't know if the unions have accepted this.

#10459 21/03/06 1:37 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 266
Likes: 5
Master
Offline
Master
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 266
Likes: 5
I thought we were in the final year of the agreed 3.225% salary increase? from this point onwards we would be looking at standard inflation of circa 2%

I may be wrong through..

#10460 22/03/06 8:43 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 208
Ken Offline
Master
Offline
Master
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 208
The Pay Review body for nurses and other healthcare professionals is I believe advising of a pay increase not exceeing 2.5%.
There is a publication on the DoH website.

#10461 22/03/06 1:44 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 7
Newbie
Offline
Newbie
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 7
The last 3.225% pay award(final year of three) was the award made in April of 2005. This year its open to negotiation with the employers . The Dept. of Health are advising an award of 2%, the employers(NHS) say they cannot pay more than 2.5%.

#10462 22/03/06 1:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a rationale justifying a 2.25% pay rise on the NHS Employers website - it's been there for months. I think 2.25% is likely - probably later in the year, as used to be the case before the 3-year agreement of 3.225% that's just expired. Remembering that increments under AfC will be in October of course.

#10463 23/03/06 10:00 AM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 260
Master
Offline
Master
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 260
Thats assuming you got the band you wanted and are not stuck up at the top of the next lower band. This has happened almost universally here probably to eliminate the need to pay increments. Thats if you're lucky enough to have been assimilated onto AFC yet!

#10464 23/03/06 11:02 AM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 797
Likes: 1
KM Offline
Philosopher
Offline
Philosopher
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 797
Likes: 1
There was an article in one of the Sunday papers suggesting 2.25% across the board. Other than senior managers and consultants who wher to get less?

#10465 23/03/06 11:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair point.

At risk of straying off-thread I think it was a foregone conclusion that some experienced MTO3 technicians, in particular, would be left in this situation - it isn't good for morale, for R&R and isn't necessarily fair in my view - I wonder whether the AfC process was applied consistently.

However, just loking at the situations vacant on this site alone, it seems that the salary for skilled, qualified and experienced technicians is actually tending to be pitched between Band 5 and 6 and there's an increase in demand (or could this be that situations are becoming vacant because those that are unhappy are creating them?).

Nurses have a similar issue concerning AfC grading for "E" grade Nurses being graded lower than their expectations and then being "lumped" together with "D" grades; thus in many areas fully qualified and experienced individuals have been graded the same as many fully-qualified new entrants and will still be supporting them.

I'm certain there'll be other occupations with similar experiences - despite all the "penny-pinching" that may have gone on at some trusts it seems that AfC wasn't adequately financed (according to various things I've read and heard). I believe the nurses representatives are pushing for 3.5% (so I've read in a few papers and elsewhere). I think, given the current low-inflation economic climate, that they're being optimistic irrespective of whether I think they deserve it, financially speaking.


Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 11,094 guests, and 148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AraEmin, Edouardohaag, Mark B, Royal, davidarhui
10,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics11,281
Posts74,584
Members10,392
Most Online69,877
Jul 17th, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5