Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact ☰
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#16374 05/08/04 1:52 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 391
Sage
Offline
Sage
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 391
We did too Rob. I agree completely.

It was for a different purpose, as I recall, but the sentiment should be the same now with AfC.

When we talk about raising our profile, professional accreditation etc etc, the way people follow the principle of "..if we don't tell anyone what we do they may leave us alone.." is a feature which will not help in raising our national standing in healthcare science.


Why worry, Be happy!
#16375 05/08/04 2:22 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 969
Likes: 1
Roy Offline OP
Philosopher
OP Offline
Philosopher
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 969
Likes: 1
Anyone who hasn't downloaded the revised Job Evaluation Handbook should do it now eek

the "Definitions and Notes" are very useful indeed. As Ken pointed out, you can now score a level 5 for section 6 "Responsibility for patient/client care" because you calibrate or maintain highly specialist or highly complex equipment. This scores 30 points instead of 9 points for level 2 so in the scoring I did above the total moves up to 494 which is much more comfortably in the Band 7 spread.

I'm wading through the other 47 pages now to see what else I can extract ! frown


Today is the day you worried about yesterday - and all is well !
#16376 05/08/04 2:44 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 71
Scholar
Offline
Scholar
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 71
Roy

Do you have the link to the revised Job Evaluation Handbook on the AfC website? Or are you using the Amicus link?

#16377 05/08/04 3:17 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,020
Hero
Offline
Hero
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,020
The NHS modernisation web site contains all the information for AfC. One of the links is to a booklet "Proposed Agreement" which contains much detail including the points appropriate to each pay band. This link however goes to the DoH homepage, with no further reference to the booklet.
Does anyone know where this information now resides?
Thanks
Robert


My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
#16378 06/08/04 11:21 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 136
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 136
The JE handbook can be found on the dh site by following AfC links from the alphbetical list.

This will eventually get to the right page and the JE handbook can be downloaded in pdf format.

Alternatively try - www.dh.gov.uk/assetRoot/04/06/52/02/04065202.pdf

The only problem is that it is still the first edition from March 2003!

#16379 06/08/04 11:42 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,020
Hero
Offline
Hero
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,020
Thanks but it is not in the JE handbook, it is in the Proposed Agreement habd book. This also has payscales but as it is the March 2003 edition I last saw I am trying to find an up to date copy.
Robert


My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
#16380 06/08/04 1:03 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 136
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 136
The amicus link is an updated version of the JE handbook.

Don't think there is an updated version of the proposed agreement handbook, which as you say is from March 2003, available on:

www.dh.gov.uk/assetRoot/04/04/36/67/04/043667.pdf

There is an updated pay scales available on:

www.dh.gov.uk/assetRoot/04/07/54/18/04075418.doc

#16381 24/08/04 10:02 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7
Newbie
Offline
Newbie
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7
The nationally agreed job profiles are now out of date with the revised definitions.
As has been previously said the job description is the most important piece of information that the job matchers will have and everyone must endeavour to ensure it contains as much information as possible and not just what your manager thinks the job is.
I believe the BUZZ words need to be incorporated into the JD to help steer the matchers to the level required in each factor.e.g. Highly Complex and Highly Specialised.
The JD cannot say any other duties commensurate within the salary scale as this cannot be scored.
We are fortunate in Sheffield as we can choose whether to go onto A4C or not, because we have had a local single pay spine for all staff for 8yrs.

#16382 03/03/05 2:38 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 464
Sage
Offline
Sage
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 464
My job description went to a matching panel over 3 months' ago. I haven't heard anything since, so I assumed that I'd been matched - wrong!
I've been told that, even after all this time, the panel might not have been able to match my JD. I still might have to complete a Job Analysis Questionaire(JAQ).

Strung along or what!

Cheers
Mark

#16383 03/03/05 3:27 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 90
Adept
Offline
Adept
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 90
Our job descriptions went to a matching panel last week but were sent back as unacceptable. - Too detailed (4 pages)and too many phrases which looked as if they came out of the AfC manual. I'll not deny they did contain key words and phrases relating to the AfC levels but apparantly interpreting job descriptions and matching to the bands is the panels job - they objected to being pointed at specific levels. What more can I say.
Graham

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 7,901 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AraEmin, Edouardohaag, Mark B, Royal, davidarhui
10,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics11,280
Posts74,583
Members10,392
Most Online69,877
Jul 17th, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5