Chris, There is no need to to have an actual degree to match band 5. What is needed is an equivalent level of knowledge to degree level that can be gained through knowledge, experience, on the job training and manufacturers training courses.
Ken What there's MTO2's that have a equivalent level of knowledge to degree ? The trust I work for would never allow this, they see the requirement for MTO2 being BTEC ONC/OND or equivilent and that's what's been put forward for AFC. Although if the requirements are low on all grades compared to other trusts it might explain why the whole departments one band down!
Does your MTO2 duties differ from those of the MTO3's or are you all supposed to do whatever comes in the door? If the the latter applies, only do the duties that are written into your JD.
Does your MTO2 duties differ from those of the MTO3's or are you all supposed to do whatever comes in the door? If the the latter applies, only do the duties that are written into your JD.
If I did just what I've been matched to I'd just be reading a good book all day
I'm putting in a appeal since along with a few other items freedom to act was incorrectly matched. Adding the extra points together puts me on band 5 but there's no profile that has the knowledge requirements stated and the freedom to act. Looks like it will be a mismatch.
If your dept is dead mans shoes,I'd read the book. Why should you do £5k worth of duties that you're not going to be paid for? That's the potential difference between the 2 grades/bands.