Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact ☰
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 13
Novice
OP Offline
Novice
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 13
I wonder if anybody can help us with a relevent job profile. We have a lady in our office who manages our service contracts, mans our helpdesk, keeps track of our financial position for the manager and has specialist knowledge of our administrative procedures and our computer database and is fluent with our directorate's specialised terminology. She has currently been graded as a secretary.

Can anybody help???
Does anybody else have a person in this position and what have they been graded?

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 243
Master
Offline
Master
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 243
Paul

Presumably that's Secretary Band 3, if so you could try Secretary Higher Level Band 4 or Personal Assistant Band 5. From your description the Personal Assistant would seem to be the one to go for.


Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
Bullsh*t and brilliance only come with age and experience.
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 145
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 145
I have a lady like that here who has been graded, what level are you looking at? Ours was matched to Business/ Administration Manager Higher Level and she is worth every penny I can tell you.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
Newbie
Offline
Newbie
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
Hello,
I am the Service Centre Administration Co-Ordinator at our local hospital and had to complete a JAQ. I am still waiting for an answer. Currently I am ANC4.

Iain

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 300
Master
Offline
Master
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 300
Hi Paul

Trust that you are doing fine.

We have such a memeber of staff and her position is now going to a JAQ. No national profile for this post, so we knew this would have to be the next step.

Can't tell you anymore as yet.

Regards.

Jim


Jim Gavin
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 797
Likes: 1
KM Offline
Philosopher
Offline
Philosopher
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 797
Likes: 1
We have a grade 4 (a4c).
However they work for us 1/2wte, maintenance 1/2wte and sectetary to head of estates, whilst doing both of the other jobs.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 266
Likes: 5
Master
Offline
Master
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 266
Likes: 5
I have an A&C4 which has now been banded to band 4.

If anyone requires a job description please ask.

Regards

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4
Newbie
Offline
Newbie
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4
I am the Helpdesk administrator for our Hospital, also secretary/clerical officer/general information desk etc. I have been banded by AfC as a 3 (described during my appeal as "just a receptionist" - I wish!). Equivalent in PCT graded a 4. Based my job description on theirs & everything. No coincidence that I was one of the last to be processed.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
Newbie
Offline
Newbie
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
I had to complete a JAQ and was given a band 3 and had no where to go!

Looking at the score sheet, I was six points short of the next band and my appeal was submitted last week.

Iain

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4
Newbie
Offline
Newbie
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4
i have a very similar job to the one at the top of the page & was banded 5 - personal assistant. Can supply job desc if you like


Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8,591 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AraEmin, Edouardohaag, Mark B, Royal, davidarhui
10,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics11,280
Posts74,583
Members10,392
Most Online69,877
Jul 17th, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5