Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact ☰
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 17
Novice
OP Offline
Novice
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 17
I was wondering if anyone is using the Dockin station for the Gemstar Epidural Pump. We have problems with our users damaging the power supplies when they connect/disconnect from the pump and I have heard about the docking station as a replacement but have not seen it. Any feedback?

Stephen

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 135
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 135
We too suffered a high failure rate of Gemstar PSUs but not all due to physical damage. The more recent replacements do seem to be lasting a lot longer now though.
Whilst we don't use docking stations, I have seen one and they seem to be fairly robust. They have a pole mount fitting and also ports for patient bolus and printer at the rear. Whether the original lockbox can still be used to house the drugs or whether another system is used I don't know.

Ivor

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2
Newbie
Offline
Newbie
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2
Just to confirm that the original lockbox can be used to house the drugs.


Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 7,772 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AraEmin, Edouardohaag, Mark B, Royal, davidarhui
10,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics11,280
Posts74,583
Members10,392
Most Online69,877
Jul 17th, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5