Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Expert
Expert
Well, I've just paid my job tax aka VRCT fee.

Expert
Expert
I fully agree with what Dave H is saying, apart from on one point.

"I don't blame anyone for not paying, surely if you qualify now the same conditions will exist until the register moves from voluntary to compulsory."

When it becomes compulsory the fee will go up! You can expect the tenner we currently fork out to go up to a higher level (Maybe on par with nursing registration?). I can remember going to a biomed conference in the last few years where the speaker was filling us with propagander... Err I mean information. Im convinced he told us that the fee WILL be going up (As well as the ladder being pulled up accordingly), I just cant remember the exact facts.

And anyway the VRCT will continue to peddle us with the old join now (Buy now to avoid disappointment) for one reason.

Members = Money.

Where would they be if everybody just turned to them and said, were not interested, we'll wait till its compulsory?

They'd be able to afford the rent on their offices would they?

That said (and there's a lot) I have nothing against the VRCT personally and I do believe that professional registration is a good thing.

Regards

Alan M

Last edited by Alan M; 19/12/07 4:12 PM. Reason: I

Rock the boat.... Get yer coat!
Todays Solutions are tomorrows problems!
Alan M #27196 20/12/07 7:39 AM
Expert
Expert
For a brief moment whilst reading this thread, I thought, what if the VRCT became compulsory, what would it be called?
Then it dawned on me..... It would have to be renamed CRCT (Compulsory Registar of Clinical Technologists)!
Can I copyright this?? hhmmmmmmmm............ teehee

New beginning. New location. New adventure. Old grumpy me!
PaulKWJ #27198 20/12/07 8:11 AM
Philosopher
Philosopher
Don't forget of course that we will get £38 per annum for mandatory registration fees under the latest pay round which we'll be able to claim when VRCT is compulsory (Ha Ha Ha !!!)

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.
PaulKWJ #27199 20/12/07 8:50 AM
M
Mr R J Ling
Unregistered
Mr R J Ling
Unregistered
M
Seen Mark Edmonson recently PaulKWJ - no doubt you will - I bet he'd fit in just fine in your setup, eh? I guess if nothing else you have the copyright on "cynical attitude" - something nurtured in your department perhaps or does it just come naturally to you? Heh, heh.

#27276 31/12/07 11:45 AM
Master
Master
Why Have I come into this then Richard?

Yes I will admit I aint too keen on it, but it is unfortunately a step in the right direction!

There are far too many cowboys out there and perhaps VRCT will put a stop to them practising within this profession?? If it does not do so then it is a waste of everyone's money.

When is the " if your not a member your not working here!" come into force?

Thats why I registered I will admit!

Have a good New Year to one and all

"Cynical" moi? Kettle calling pot that one Rich

Mark.E #27299 02/01/08 2:04 PM
Hero
Hero
I believe the voluntary registration fee can be claimed back from income tax under the IRS rules. (Not certain though) It would probably involve the filling out of numerous forms every year. frown

Be Proactive and reactive.
Technologist
Technologist
John I claim the £10 back as I previously stated with no filling in of endless forms. All I have done over the past years is phone my local tax office up and informed them of the total cost of my professional fees and they update my allowance.

#27305 03/01/08 7:27 AM
Expert
Expert
I was under the impression you can only claim the Tax back from work related costs, not the full amount. Thanks for the info Tudor, ill look into retrieving some of my hard earned cash back from Mr Brown.

Sorry Richard, I haven’t seen Mark. I have only met him once and that was a few years ago. I think other persons may already have beaten me to that copyrighting!
I wonder who will get that band 6 job???

New beginning. New location. New adventure. Old grumpy me!
PaulKWJ #27307 03/01/08 8:06 AM
KM Offline
Philosopher
Philosopher
Consider this before you try and get a few quid back.
If you raise your head above the water you may well open a can of worms you wouldnt have done if youd thought about it first.
Mainly you maybe presented with a full tax assessment form, a tomb of a document which basically wants to know everytime youve took a breathe in the last tax year.
Savings accounts,including those shared.
Bonds even if nottaxable
All work taxable or not.
etc etc etc.
Ive had two in the last 6yrs when I asked why I was told it was directly linked into my request for clarification on a minor tax matter.
Sorry I even asked now.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 681 guests, and 503 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020