Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact ☰
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 … 10 11
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14,815
Likes: 72
Super Hero
Offline
Super Hero
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14,815
Likes: 72
It's more a matter of passion, rather than control, I would have thought, JoLee. Thanks for the invite (?), but I doubt that people there would enjoy having me around. I hope you all have an enjoyable day, but it sounds too much like a mutual appreciation society for my liking! wink

PS: Frankly, I would rather (do something useful and) spend a day designing your custom equipment library cart!


If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 130
JoLee Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 130
Far from a mutual appreciation society - it's more a place for people to thrash out ideas and after only one meeting, you cant label it as anything yet!I can predict some heated debate in the future in fact as there are many differing ideas floating about already - not much different to on here but in the flesh as it were - but no computer to hide behind! Many of the people represented in the forum are EBME based along with other disciplines so we have a good cross section of experience. This means there's plenty of room for criticism as well as productive discussion. You've made your mind up about it though and that is fair enough - and any help with the equipment trolley is much appreciated !

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14,815
Likes: 72
Super Hero
Offline
Super Hero
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14,815
Likes: 72
Am I mistaken, or have we yet to see anything published from the previous get-together?

On a personal note, as a freelancer (ie, someone who does not have the comfort of a salary paid by the tax-payer), I need to be careful how I spend my time. And (as I've probably mentioned more than a few times before) time is all any of us really has.

So, I shall probably continue to "hide behind my computer", as (to my mind) that's probably the most efficient way of using my time, as in "making my contribution", or whatever (whilst I'm not being paid, that is). smile


If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 130
JoLee Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 130
REVISED BLACKPOOL FORUM DATE

We have had to change the date for the forum in September 2008. It will now be on the 26th September 2008.
This is so that we can use much more suitable accommodation - a larger lecture theatre and more roomy dining room and area for networking than last time! grin

I have had few confirmations of attendance thus far - I know it is seemingly a long way off but I need responses please well in advance to organise the hospitality etc. Please get in touch asap tut grin

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 4
Newbie
Offline
Newbie
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 4
OMG- I have just read the 'debate'...Testosterone city or what!!!
Get a grip lads, Jo did a fabulous job last year. Count me in Jo, I look forward to the next one!


......are we there yet?....
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 130
JoLee Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 130
Thanks JoJo I appreciate the support - and I am really looking forward to the next one - just trying to recruit some speakers as the attendees seem to have developed stage fright and will not offer to present grrrrrr!!

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 1,968
Likes: 32
Hero
Offline
Hero
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 1,968
Likes: 32
Jo

I thought you did a great job at presenting last time. Will you be taking the floor again?

I would like a discussion/break-out session on utilisation of equipment and expansion of successful library services. What devices can we bring into the fold? How can we innovate? smile

Also... What makes an equipment library a success? I know many Trusts that have tried and failed!


Be Proactive and reactive.
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 130
JoLee Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 130
Thank you very much for that John - you have NO idea how terrifying it was blush

Do you mean that you would like a more open session as opposed to a presentation ? ie a debate with a trigger question ? or topic base grinWe could do that no problem. How about a split session - half the forum to one topic and half to another hot issue - I am sure then we could formulate some lively feedback from the forum for people to hear!

I certainly can see the value of the topic you are raising grin does anyone else have a follow on from this idea or comments to add. I would be grateful for some thoughts on this format? We could have the other session on the other suggestion ie what makes an equipment library a success if you like ? or do other people have a suggestion to make?

Also would anyone like to see someone from the NPSA represented -would we like a presentation from them in the morning perhaps?
just an idea - thoughts please? confused I am listening!
Thank you John for kicking things off!

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 4
Newbie
Offline
Newbie
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 4
How about the 'hot topic' of decontamination of equipment!...shared experiences and all that, with maybe a speaker from infection control?
tut


......are we there yet?....
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 1,968
Likes: 32
Hero
Offline
Hero
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 1,968
Likes: 32
Hello Jo,

I think too many speakers get on their soapbox and preach how things should be...

I would like to see a more inclusive debate where the audience debate the speakers chosen subject and some service innovation may hopefully come forth. smile Maybe one third speaker to two thirds debate??


Be Proactive and reactive.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 … 10 11

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 10,863 guests, and 197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AraEmin, Edouardohaag, Mark B, Royal, davidarhui
10,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics11,281
Posts74,584
Members10,392
Most Online69,877
Jul 17th, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5