... I might just do that!
My own interest in the equipment libraries is twofold:-
1) Software
2) Exporting the idea
Do you use (special) software? If so, does it
actually help (or would cards, or a record book, do just as well)? Does it do what you want?
I am interested in helping in the setting up of equipment libraries (shared equipment pools) outside of the UK's NHS, especially in poorer countries overseas. Think "cost-effective".
Combining these two aspects, I may be involved in developing simple database software to support fledgling libraries overseas. That and establishing "best practice" in the operating (running) of equipment libraries. Not having given it much (or indeed, any) thought as of yet, off the top of my head I imagine a simple "tracking" database, counting kit out, and counting it in again, with a note of where it went, its condition upon return, completeness, dates
etc.!
And then there's RFID asset tagging ... what do the "librarians" think about this? Indispensable? Or a waste of money?
I'm interested in library procedures, in fact the entire
process. A work-flow diagram would be nice!
