Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
mtalam Offline OP
Dreamer
OP Offline
Dreamer
Sometimes back we did purchase Fressenius Hemodialysis machine model 4008B and a water treatment plant WTU 250.We now want to expand to 10 Fressenius dialysis machine and a bigger water treatment plant.We are contempleting buying a Gambro water treatment plant to serve fressenius machine.I have sort advice from the two manufactures but non is forth coming hence I need your advice.Will the gambro water treatment plant works with Fressenius renal dialysis machine??????

Super Hero
Super Hero

Of course ... each company wants to sell you their own water treatment plant!

But, as you probably already know, this stuff can be (what you might call) "generic". That is, it doesn't necessarily need to be installed by either (any) of the major manufacturers of dialysis equipment.

In general, the water quality should (and, I would say, probably will) be the same from any decent RO etc. system, just as long as it's (properly) designed to meet the spec. in the first place. But it's not an area where corners may be cut, "savings can be made", and all that guff. In short, it needs to be done right!

I would advice that (and, I'm afraid, I must say), especially considering the conditions where you are, service support is probably the most important aspect you need to look at. For instance, will you expect service support from a single company for both the water treatment unit and the dialysis machines themselves? smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
mtalam Offline OP
Dreamer
OP Offline
Dreamer
No they should have different service support

Super Hero
Super Hero

So there you go, then ... the field is wide open, restricted only by what is available to you where you are, and how good their (the contenders') service support is reputed to be!

Will you be going out to tender? If so, you (obviously) need to get the specification spot-on, with emphasis on the desired (guaranteed) water quality, plus sufficient volumes for all foreseeable needs etc. You need to work out your requirements for storage capacity, also. Base this on how much all the machines will continue to need if the worst happens, the plant goes down, and how long it is likely to take (based upon your current experiences) to bring it back on line. You might also want to think about having built-in redundancy (that is, extras, or stand-by's) of key elements. Or even duplicating the whole thing. That is, having duty and stand-by sections (banks, paths) ... maintenance becomes a whole lot easier that way, without disruption.

You also need to make the issue of demarcation absolutely clear. That is, where does the water treatment unit begin, where does it end (at the machines?), and who is responsible for what!

I guess we can assume that you already know about any incoming supply problems you may already have, and what the quality is like there.

And when talking about service support, be sure to pin them down on things like response time, stand-by equipment, and spare parts stocks (especially filters, and things like that) ... they will most likely agree to anything when you're actually buying the kit. So that's the time to factor in the maintenance as well! smile

Hero
Hero
DWA have excellent machines and service (here at least) and you can also add individual portable units to your request, not only for use in Dialysis but elswhere in the hospital (ICU / CCU) etc.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Super Hero
Super Hero

I was expecting you to spark at the mention of dialysis water treatment, Neil.

But (although it's quite a long trek from Jeddah to Lake Victoria*), do have any links for us to admire? smile

* Also known variously as Victoria Nyanza, Ukerewe, or Nalubaale.

Hero
Hero
No links, just try the DWA home page, don't do as much Dialysis as I used to, as the whole hospital is my responsibility these days, engineering and admin, became the pen-pusher my father always hated (must be something in that for the trick-cyclists)

Super Hero
Super Hero

I was offered something like that some years ago out at Qatif at a hospital (that I had helped to design, by the way ... and never got paid for that, either) by a private owner. He had expected me to become excited (well, I was, at first shout) about the prospect of supervising the construction, then staying on as "the Engineer" after it was opened.

The downside was, however, that he thought he was being generous by offering SR 6,000 a month. It's the story of my life, I guess ... "I just don't get no respect"! frown

These days I struggle to survive, but at least I don't let people take the [censored]!

Enjoy the grandeur whilst you can, Neil.

Attached Images
Ahmady_2.jpg (25.96 KB, 901 downloads)
Blame that weird exterior on the Architect. Rest assured, however, that the internal layouts were (by and large), OK.

Hero
Hero
Designed one for a clinic here in Jeddah and got paid, designed one for a tender in Damman and lost out to Gambro and a bloke called Ben Brittain if you know him?

Super Hero
Super Hero

Oh yes, I remember Ben (ex-REME you know, like most of the best techs around)!

My Goodness, is he still shuffling about out there?

Meanwhile (and as you can tell, I speak from sorry experience), always get something upfront, whether it's "only" for a tender, or not. Work is work, after all.

You'd be familiar with this one, I'll bet:- "OK, muhandis can you "just" spec this hospital, and if we win the bid, you can have what ever you want"? Yeah, right. smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Huw), 371 guests, and 449 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
diodoled, Al BMET, Eng_VPG, Graham Oliver, Jawad
10,188 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,073
Posts73,785
Members10,188
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020