Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact ☰
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,909
Likes: 18
Hero
Offline
Hero
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,909
Likes: 18
Same as UV sterilization, to be avoided


I am not Flippant, I am Smart
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 136
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 136
Some valid points have been made so far. I would add that you should work to a minimum output. I would suggest you base it on:

Maximum demand from the dialysis machine x number of machines x 1.25

So for 10 machines I would be looking at a minimum output of 16 L/min. If there is likely to be further expansion in the near future, it will be worth factoring that in.

The other point not discussed is the quality of water you want. Are you looking at AAMI or higher quality? Also are you looking to have a back-up system? Both of these aspects will make a sizeable difference in cost.

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,909
Likes: 18
Hero
Offline
Hero
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,909
Likes: 18
Most systems have redundancy built in, plus they are upgradeable in terms of output.


I am not Flippant, I am Smart
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 46
rug Offline
Technologist
Offline
Technologist
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 46
Water systems for hemodialysis application can work with any model hemodialysis machine. I have consulted on about a dozen clinic installations/new construction in the last 10 years. Mr Hannis said it well. Listen to him.
I have Gambro and Marcor(US company) water systems and both have proven to be vary reliable. Biomed is responsible for the water systems and hemodialysis machines. Had to learn a lot of plumbing skills. Both offer heat disinfectable systems which work very well and cuts way down on using those nasty disinfection chemicals.
In Canada a water system for hemodialysis application must have a medical device liscence designation. Is this required as well in the UK?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5,860 guests, and 270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AraEmin, Edouardohaag, Mark B, Royal, davidarhui
10,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics11,280
Posts74,582
Members10,392
Most Online69,877
Jul 17th, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5