Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi, I am looking for suggestions for an ecg monitor that we can acquire that has an analogue output for the respiratory pleth or marker and maybe ecg. I would like to use this for gating purposes for lung imaging research.
I remember in the past seeing older kit that had this sort of analogue output but not recently. Can you help?

Thanks

Andy

Hero
Hero
Andy,
Interfacing to modern montiors in real time is a huge problem these days, I have spent a lot of time looking in to this and found no real solution. The only real time output from digital monitors tends to be the sync interface for defibs for cardioversion. All ther outputs even in analogue format tend to have been converted to digital, processed and converted back whcih causes a delay.
I would look around for some onld analogue monitors and then finding one with a respiratory as oposed to ECG output might be very hard.
Have you tried a sideways look at this? A neonatal apnoea monitor such as the Graseby MR10 might give you the sych pulse you might need.
Good luck in your search.
RoJo

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Philosopher
Philosopher
The problem with a delay via signal processing is valid but the Marquette (now GE) Tram modules have a analogue output right at the front end of the input module itself (I'm talking electronically not just physically). The delay is slight (don't remember the numbers involved) but was sufficiently small to allow balloon pumps to be synchronised without any issues. Perhaps this may be worth looking at. Even the really old ones (Tram AR) would suffice and should be available for "bugger all" these days (team it up with an old 7010 series monitor to further reduce cost if you need to and you get the bonus of remembering what monitoring was like in days gone by cool ).

Given that you want to trigger for respiration this may be fast enough. Just a thought.

Last edited by DaveC in Oz; 19/04/11 11:02 AM.

Thoughts and information provided on this forum are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the policy of NSW Health. They may also be complete bollocks!!
Philosopher
Philosopher
Thinking about this a little further, I'm not sure that resp was available from the analogue output on the tram, might have been but can't honestly remember. You would need to check that.

Thoughts and information provided on this forum are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the policy of NSW Health. They may also be complete bollocks!!
Hero
Hero
Dave and Andy,
If this was for triggering a ballon pump it would have been an ECG (or possibly an arterial pressure wave) and not a respiratory wave output.
It is most likely the same ECG output used for cardioversion as tis has to have minimal delay and is usually and ampliefied analogue signal derived prior to any a to D and digital manipulation.
RoJo

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
OP Offline
Thanks guys for your thoughts, today I found the manual for the Graseby MR10 and with modification as described in the manual you can output the pleth so I am going to give that a go tomorrow, I will report on progress as and when

Andy

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (Rallium, hantslion, Huw, John Sandham), 157 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MBanks, Blazingapostle, Volkswagen, Chris_P, Rhomwa
9,892 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,815
Posts72,641
Members9,892
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020