Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#56327 17/05/11 9:23 AM
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
We are in the process of upgrading our infusion devices and we have some pumps we wish to dispose of.

We have 10 Alaris P5000 PCA pumps which have just been taken out of service and would be free of charge to any EBME dept who would like them.

For further information please contact North Devon District Hospital EBME Manager Mr Mike Ambridge Tel 01271 322763

Hero
Hero
Steve,
Be aware of DB2006(05) and your responsibilities under it. If you give these away or sell them you have responsibilities as a supplier of medical devices.
I think it is better that these go to a place where they might be useful rather than a bin but there are rules to be obeyed as well.
RoJo
PS Section 10.4 to save you hunting through

PPS This document is now 5 years old has it been superseded?

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Yet again I beg to make the case for a Central Returned Equipment Store for the National Health Service.

That is, a central warehouse located somewhere handy where surplus equipment like this can be returned, checked-out, and then either scrapped in accordance with whichever rules apply this week, or (better still) sorted out and put back on the shelves. Kit that is still in good shape could simply get added to a list on line somewhere, so that all interested parties within the NHS would be aware that it is up for grabs.

Who knows, it might even be a source of kit for temporary use when departments are being moved (as we have heard about recently).

Why is it that something like this does not already exist? frown

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Hero
Hero
Because each Trust acts as an entity in its own right. Is there any overall NHS strategy management apart from standard setting?
RoJo

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

You're asking me, Robert? whistle

Laws unto themselves, you mean? Or just making things easier for privatisation cherry pickers?

Time that the National bit was dropped anyway, I reckon. "Back to the Future" again?

In fact, thinking about it, bring back the Workhouses, says I.

By the way (a little off topic, perhaps) ... has anyone heard any more about the "Big Society" recently (or as that been binned* as well)?

* On the grounds that no-one, Dave included, could explain what it actually meant!

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Thanks for the advice and the link RoJo.

Steve

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
7 members (Geoff Hannis, mosfet1996, Yousri, Neil Porter, carl ray, Huw, 1 invisible), 609 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,063
Posts73,728
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020