Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#61053 11/05/12 6:58 AM
Hero
OP Offline
Hero
I would like to get details of which equipment I need, the pricing and the supplier of calibration equipment for medical devices. I have 'googled' and all I get is "send your equipment to us" type messages. I am trying to put a proposal together so any help would be welcome, thanking you in advance.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Super Hero
Super Hero

Thinking of having a go yourself, then, Neil? think

Expensive!

My first thoughts are:- whatever instruments you go for, they will all themselves need to be calibrated against a "higher level" - eg, ultimately traceable to the National Physical Laboratory or whatever.

Do you have such a body out there? And who runs (owns) it? MODA, I wonder?

And what (if anything) are the other Big Healthcare Providers out there doing in this regard?

Off the top of my head, I would have thought that one medical equipment calibration lab should be able to serve the whole Kingdom ... with, perhaps, just "cal checks" (in spec/out of spec) checks being carried out locally.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Hero
OP Offline
Hero
All hospitals, companies are now chasing accreditation, there are standards organizations including weights and measures. The companies are sending their instruments abroad for calibration and this is expensive, there are people here willing to invest in the creation of a calibration laboratory and the business potential is huge!

Three labs would be perfect, Damman, Jeddah and Riyadh.

Geoff do you have any clues as to where I can find the equipment?

Super Hero
Super Hero

What exactly are you hoping to do, Neil ... set up a lab to carry out annual calibrations on biomed test kit? think

If you were to approach one the companies already doing that in the UK (or USA, wherever) with the "promise" of a Joint Venture, or some other incentive, I'm sure you would be able to obtain all the information you require.

For instance:- you could try Young's. You could also speak to Rigel ... and Ultramedic.

Otherwise, you're going to have to sit down and work out your own calibration methods. And from that, the equipment you will need. Much more fun doing it that way, I would have thought! smile

Hero
OP Offline
Hero
Not only biomedical test equipment, but all measuring equipment. The idea is to set up an independent laboratory complete with certification, instead of sending the equipment abroad DO IT HERE.

Adept
Adept
Mr porter its really a good idea for buisness as well as for hospitals and companies who needs an urgent calibration to set standards...
there is a variety of these equipments.but it will be expansive.

Hero
OP Offline
Hero
So Mr. Biomedical87 do you have any companies that I can approach?

Super Hero
Super Hero

My bet is that someone is already doing it. As long ago as 1987 I remember some French company in Jubail doing all our biomed test kit.

If I were you I would check with the oil companies, Neil. Jubail, Yanbu for starters. ARAMCO must have some sort of instrument calibration laboratory, for sure.

Other than that, do you really want to upset the status quo (as in the various parties with a vested interest in keeping matters as they currently stand)? If my experiences "out there" are anything to go by, it's probably far better (if you want to survive) to keep your head down.

Why not just start off in a small way, and take it from there? If I were you I would begin by calibrating electrical safety testers, and maybe multimeters (plus voltmeters, and so forth) and see how you get on with that. smile

Hero
OP Offline
Hero
Geoff, this is not for me, I am getting the information for a company I am acting as a consultant. The more companies, hospitals we speak to the more we find out how much calibration is being done abroad!

Hero
OP Offline
Hero
Geoff in the time you have been away a lot has changed.standards are improving and test there is accountability!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 79 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Liyana, Lee V Shanley, LeoG, olrotar, Philip McLaren
9,871 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,782