Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Aaron Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of these Light sources, i'm helping out at a hospital in Zambia which has had one of each donated... problem is, they're not working.

The X7000 works really well, good light output (according to surgeon) for approximately 19 minutes each time then the display reads 'WARM' and the light goes out.
The unit returns to standby and will switch to run mode only for a few seconds/minutes at a time.
If i allow it to cool completely it'll do the same over again, one thing i noted is that the light source, when pointed at a wall, has a small circular shadow dancing around (dunno how else to describe it lol) in the centre of the projected 'image'
The bulb hour counter says 216

the X6000 on the other hand works all the time... but the light output is reportedly pretty poor. the brightness adjustment appears to work throughout its full range. the bulb hour counter says 0 but there was some dust etc gathered in there so i'm not so sure i believe it.

i talked to the STRYKER technical support people who were very quick to inform me both units are now service obsolete. thanks STRYKER.

I'm hoping that someone may have seen some of these symptoms before and might be able to point me in the right direction, it had crossed my mind that the problem with the X6000 may be bulb related- anyone got any advice on reputable bulb suppliers? (preferably in the UK if possible)

thanks very much for any help you can give,
Aaron

Super Hero
Super Hero

Welcome to the forum, Aaron. smile

Yes, those sound like "lamp related" problems sure enough. Not so sure about the "artifacts" you mention, though ... could be a moth or some such critter on a suicide mission!

I have seen 300W Cermax Excelitas Xenon Lamps (PE300BF) for the Stryker X-6000 available on various websites for around 180. Similarly the PE300C-10F for the X-7000 seem to go for around 380. They should be good for at least 500 hours.

Hopefully someone else on here will be able to recommend a particular supplier in the UK.

Here is the manual for the X-7000. There is some information about the WARM message in there. It reads as though the unit is trying to talk to the Ethernet connection - maybe that needs to be disabled ... but how?

Some other Stryker manuals can be found here.

That's a nice site (and blog), by the way. Good people.

Keep up the good work.

Technologist
Technologist
We buy our Stryker bulbs from http://www.lamptechglasgow.com/

(Not based in Glasgow anymore)

These bulbs last way more than 500 hours. I have seen bulbs last in excess of 1500hours. But you have to do bulb resets for this.

Sage
Sage
are you talking about this?

Attached Images
SAM_42377.jpg (667.21 KB, 152 downloads)

--- PATIENT SAFETY FIRST ---
Sage
Sage
Much better to replace lamp of X6000.it look like somebody reset the counter.

Sage
Sage
the X7000 try to install internal exhaust fan.near the lamp.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 79 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Liyana, Lee V Shanley, LeoG, olrotar, Philip McLaren
9,871 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,782