Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact ☰
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
jjoll Offline OP
Newbie
OP Offline
Newbie
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
Hello everyone,
I am a student and I am working on a college project in which I require to use a Unidirectional valve in a tube (so that the liquid could only flow in direction). I thought for my application, the prosthetic mechanical heart valves that are used in medicine, might be a good option. Do you know if it is possible for someone like me to buy these valves in the open market? Do you know any website or retailer who sales them to the public?
Also are these prosthetic mechanical valves 100% unidirectional (are these valves 100% enforcing a unidirectional flow? or is there any chance of leakage (where liquid goes backward?)
thanks

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,020
Hero
Offline
Hero
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,020
Are you a millionaire???? Do you have thousands of dollars to spare??? laugh
How about these?
Or even more sensibly avoid medical equipment altogether and go down your local plumbers merchants.


My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,020
Hero
Offline
Hero
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,020
PS No valve is 100%, there has to be a little back flow to close the valve.


My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14,815
Likes: 72
Super Hero
Offline
Super Hero
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14,815
Likes: 72


If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,909
Likes: 18
Hero
Offline
Hero
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,909
Likes: 18
Fresenius make an excellent 8 valve chamber for their dialysis machines


I am not Flippant, I am Smart

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 15,061 guests, and 219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AraEmin, Edouardohaag, Mark B, Royal, davidarhui
10,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics11,281
Posts74,584
Members10,392
Most Online69,877
Jul 17th, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5