As I mentioned, I was making enquiries on behalf of a third party. Here is the gist of his question:-
Quote
... a small clinic in ... (Spain). We recently bought five Volumed 7000's in an auction. One of them is responsive to the empty bag (drop) detector. The other four have the empty bag detector port covered with a kind of blue tape. When you remove that cover and connect a drop sensor, the pump drop icon indicates each drop, but when the drops finish, the pumps do not stop pumping. Would those four pumps have an internal jumper somewhere?
So I think we can assume "used" (preloved?), and therefore most likely "blue".
It seems that the guy's concern is to have the Volumeds stop pumping once drops are no longer being detected. Maybe the empty bag "option" needs to be enabled (how?); but perhaps the pumps are actually faulty!*
Hi geoff Indeed the pump needs to be configured to either accept the rip sensor or configured without. If the pump has the drop sensor placed onto the rear of the pump (where the eye symbol is, not the nurse call) and the pump continues to run when the drops have stopped, then it is most likely the drop sensor is not enabled in that pump. The pump drop icon will always show when the drop sensor is disabled as a way to show the pump is running. If the drop sensor is enabled and a finger is swiped over the drop sensors Infrared sensors it will show via the drop icon every time a finger movement is made. If the drop sensor is disabled, it can be only enabled with the Premium Link software. The more important safety factor here is that if these pumps do not have an upstream occlusion sensor, and the drop sensor is disabled, then the pump will not be able to detect an upstream occlusion. As the arcomed giving set has now changed to have the roller clamp after the chamber but before the pump, if the user forgets to open this clamp then the pump cannot detect this and will continue infusing without alarming but the patient will not receive the drug or fluid. This is what happens when second hand medical devices are purchased via auction second hand without the users having a good understanding of how they work, or indeed if they are safe!
I need help on none responding key pads for volume and rates for this machine can someone guide me on how to fix it please (Arcomed uVP 7000 infusion pumps)
I ordered for 20 pieces from Hilditch auctions and currently I'm either having a stale keypad or power supply problems can you guide me sir on what to do to resolving the none responding key pads issue? Thanks in advance.
Hello everybody, I have 3x Arcomed 7000 infusion pumps. They are the white ones, and the ones with a smaller LCD 1) when you press the down arrow of the keypad and at the same time the start button, a screen asking for a password appears (see photo). Anybody knows this password?. I think it is needed to enter configuration mode, which I need in order to allow the drop sensor (now disabled) It is my opinion that if you own a piece of equipment, and you are the user administrator, you should have the right to go into all "corners" of that equipment. 2)some if them require a change of the LCDs, anybody know where to get a cheap fix? Thank you in advance
Posting again: Hello everybody, I have 3x Arcomed 7000 infusion pumps. They are the white ones, and the ones with a smaller LCD 1) when you press the down arrow of the keypad and at the same time the start button, a screen asking for a password appears (see photo). Anybody knows this password?. I think it is needed to enter configuration mode, which I need in order to allow the drop sensor (now disabled) It is my opinion that if you own a piece of equipment, and you are the user administrator, you should have the right to go into all "corners" of that equipment.
Hello, I just received an Arcomed VP7000, white one, with a large LCD screen. In other pumps I have seen they have a touch on screen. But this particular one the LCD seems insensitive to touch. I have gone into the configuration mode and not clear how to activate it. Does anyone know how to do it? Thank you in advance