Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Jakie Offline OP
OP Offline
I suppose everyone who has seen the MDA/2017/006 is requesting assistance from Carefusion to help repair these? I have looked at just over 25 of our devices now and I have seen not only springs broken but 23 (TWENTY THREE !!!) of them with broken black posts inside the plunger also snapped off and parts stuck inside. You need to look very closely as not as obvious as the broken springs.

When I questioned with their helpline they were very aware of this but yet the MHRA have not mentioned these breaking also, just the springs. All integral parts which affect the hazard notice. The helpdesk did let slip that they are providing FREE UK field support assistance to rectify the problem, but customers need to request. I was not aware of this, were any of you???

As I result I have not looked or repaired anymore, neither should you! It is Carefusion's quality issue, let them provide the parts and support.

Don't waste YOUR time, they have the responsibility and moral duty to put this right. I would still submit the yellow cards to the MHRA, otherwise they wont act accordingly.

Sage
Sage

I understood that it was a Biomed's role, to minimise risk and disruption to clinical service delivery
If you are waiting for Carefusion to attend site and provide free parts and support, you might be waiting some time.
Is that an acceptable approach? Extended lead times for repair carries an element of risk, because of non-availability of equipment

Whats the matter with taking ownership of this issue to minimise local risk. Perhaps ordering the parts and fit them yourself?
Ask yourself, how can I return this equipment safely to the users, in the minimum amount of time? Can I provide an alternative solution?

Number one priority, is and always should be patient safety, and minimising exposure to risk.
You have the responsibility and moral duty to take ownership of the problem. Plenty of time to apportion blame, costs, after you have resolved your risk issues.

Technologist
Technologist
Raise as a product complaint and they will investigate this.

CareFusion will help hospitals for the pumps that are in critical areas.

The springs are FOC (just phone up) and takes 2 minutes to fit. If you have 100s or 1000s or pumps this might be a different story!

I have noticed broken gears when changing the springs, but not tubes.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 79 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Liyana, Lee V Shanley, LeoG, olrotar, Philip McLaren
9,871 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,782
Posts72,540