OK Sean, I saved the first document to .pdf then spent twenty minutes having a quick look through (using keywords such as
risk,
maintenance and what-have-you).
I picked out a few points:-
1) Most of document places extra (and mandatory) demands on manufacturers
- Post-market surveillance
- Periodic safety update report ... and so forth
2) They are putting together a database called
Eudamed - which they hope will be ready early in 2020
3) They are proposing (yet another) coding system
- The Unique Device Identification (UDI) system
- I could not find any details about the format of the UDI
- My guess is that it may be a bar-code (like an equipment serial number)
- But perhaps based on the five digit GMDN*
4) They seem to be supportive of a "risk-based" approach in general
5) I could not find too much about "maintenance"
per se6) "Electrical safety" hardly gets a mention
7) There is a nice drawing of the CE mark!
Although I did not see much of practical value to hospital biomed techs, I'm hoping that others will be able to spend more time on the document, and present their comments right here!

*
GMDN (.pdf)
"GMDN is now the global language"!