Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#73301 04/06/18 4:44 PM
Sage
OP Offline
Sage
After browsing some archived ebme threads concerning patient safety, I was reminded of the case put forward for statutory regulation. Statements about unregulated professionals putting many thousands of patients at risk.
A casual google search produced this document to the HCPC, from 2015.
It makes an interesting read,some potential registrant organisations could provide supporting evidence based on actual incidents, and some could not.
Letter to HCPC

Last edited by Sean Fearon; 04/06/18 4:48 PM.
Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

"Interesting", Sean? Hardly. frown

Having scanned through it, I did not notice anything compelling. Not much of a "Project Fear" there, I must say. whistle

I think I'll stick to engineering ... you know, where things either work, or they don't, and results can be presented with some accuracy.

Although, having said that, maybe in my Next Life I'll come back as Dance Movement Psychotherapist. smile

But keep digging, Sean ... I for one would be interested to hear how many have been struck off the RCT (and why), now that it is no longer "Voluntary".

Meanwhile, after putting up with a whole hour of whinging* on the radio (that I've just turned off) about the tenure of our now longest serving Health Secretary, how about these "interesting" figures? More Fake News? Just who can we believe these days?

* "I fink it's digusting", pipes up Gladys from Essex (not enough "free stuff", obviously).

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Philosopher
Philosopher
A bit out of date that document, the most current thing was the promoting professionalism, reforming regulation consultation.
The support documentation is here

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Only (another) "consultation" document though, Chris ... what we want (?) is the Bottom Line.

But - more importantly - what has become of the Dance Movement Psychotherapists? think

Expert
Expert
Geoff
You wanted to hear
Not struck off but lapsed, I set up a direct debit to pay along with my others IHEEM etc and this never got completed. I was sent emails but not to an active account.

Now I accept I should have checked and did a few weeks late. I never received a letter or a call. Now I most of my family are registered in one way or another and occasionally something goes wrong, but for something as important as this all the other groups send a letter.

I contacted the theRCT and they just wanted me to reapply I definitely got the impression it would be a basic formality and just send my joining fee along with any arrears and I would be back on. a money making exercise or it felt so.

Super Hero
Online Content
Super Hero

Just an "admin problem", then. smile

Has anyone heard of someone being struck off by the RCT ... or even disciplined?

Originally Posted by Groucho Marx

I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Geoff Hannis, mosfet1996, 1 invisible), 601 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,063
Posts73,728
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020