Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Master
OP Offline
Master
Dear all,

Would like to have specialized training in CT scans and , X-rays,Installation,repairs and maintenance , in my country of about 35million we have less than 10 CT scans and i hope this small number will grow big sometime most of these units have been installed by foreign supplier companies who charge lots when these kits breakdown putting into consideration the air ticket,accommodation and other costs.So i need this training anyone who knows where i do it from can send me contact details.

Thanks

Roman
romkasirye@gnail.com

Roman Kasirye| MD
Meridian Tech Systems | PLOT 1 BOMBO ROAD SURE HOUSE GROUND FLOOR
P.O.Box 5984 Kampala-Uganda )Tel: +256-414-269-977|Cell: Whatsapp +256-772-497-222
Super Hero
Super Hero

You could try RSTI. smile

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Hero
Hero
First line training is fine, but most of the faultfinding is done on a laptop and I am sure that none of the companies are going to give you access to the software, if more Radiology equipment is purchased you will have to write into the contract all the training and service agreements that you can think about. Do you have internet connections at all of the sites to allow remote servicing, if so you could do the 'hardware' repairs for each of the company once the parts have been supplied.

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Any body can give any information regarding training on X-ray, CT, and MRI in UK.

Hero
Hero
Do you mean service training or user training?
In either case I expect it will only be the manufacturers who will give machine specific training.
Or are you just after general knowledge about how they work?
Robert

My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
hi Robert,

Thanks for your response, Actually I was looking for service training in depth for any of medical imaging equipment i.e. x-ray, ultrasound, ct or Mri.

Will be thankful for your kind help

Super Hero
Super Hero

As Robert says, just about the only way you'll get "proper" training on equipment of that kind will be by working as a service engineer with one of the manufacturers. But even after working with one manufacturer, you may not have "in depth" skills on another manufacturer's kit. And, as Neil has mentioned, once you are working on the kit you probably won't get far without access to documentation, special tools - and parts!

However, there are also a number of "third party" service companies about; where you can gain good skills "across the board" - the various manufacturers - but, naturally enough, those companies (being small) are really looking for techs who can "hit the ground running", as it were (ready-trained, more or less).

But if you're lucky, you might find one or the other willing to give you a bit of training, then let you loose to "learn by doing" on the job; especially for ultrasound and (or) x-ray. In my opinion, that's as good a way as any for anyone who really wants to learn (and understand):- total immersion, we might call it! whistle

What stage are you at now (skill-wise, that is - experience, electronics etc.)? think

Lastly, I'm wondering what your aims are here; are you looking to get trained, then set up by yourself, or head off overseas, or some such thing? Or maybe you just don't fancy working for one of the Big Name companies (manufacturers)? Personally, I can relate to all of the above! smile

bam Offline
Scholar
Scholar
There are Medical Electrical Installation courses run by Trans-Euro Engineering. For details go to their web site www.trans-euro.co.uk.
This might be a good place to start.

Visionary
Visionary
HI All - I'm back after - I've set up my own Clinical equipment testing company in New Zealand and all is ticking along.

My questions may strike you as being a bit basic, but I'm struggling to gain any traction in regards to radiology testing.
I want to be able to offer my clients radiology testing services as well.
My electronics education in Plymouth College of Further Education in Marine Radar and Telecommunications - is a good enough start.
I know I will need a licence to operate radiology equipment in NZ, which I will get.
I will also need to get test equipment to measure outputs.

Can any one point me at any documentation for testing radiology equipment - what test equipment I need? and what measurements need to be taken etc - specifically KV, time, maS?

Thanks all.

Phil

Hero
Hero
DESCRIPTION MANUFACTURER MODEL
ALPHA/BETA/GAMMA H&F MONITOR LUDLUM MEASUREMENT INC. 4906P
CONTAMINATION METER TECHNIDYNE TMB-3
DIGITAL AREA MONITOR LUDLUM MEASUREMENT INC. 375 AREA MONITOR
DOSE CALIBRATOR BIODEX ATOMLAB 100
RADIATION MONITOR VICTOREEN 05-437
UNIVERSAL SURVEY METER RADOS RADOS

These might help

If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 381 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz, trat
10,179 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,062
Posts73,727
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020