Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Master
Master
Originally Posted by Mithrandir
The T34 states "made in Germany" on the label. I guess they make all the component parts in Israel, then ship them into Germany at low value to reduce EU tariff charges, assemble in Germany, where "the value is added" so that it then meets EU rules and CE marking rules.
A device can be made in any country but must be CE marked if sold in Europe. It does not have to be made (assembled) in Europe! Some devices need to be assessed by a "notified body" before they can be placed onto the market, but again these are available throughout the world.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted by MikeX

An OEM would issue a field safety notice for all users.

Please! You report consistent/repeatable faults to manufacturers and the standard response is 'You're the only ones to experience this'.
I can get a well known manufacturers defib to completely lockup and be unusable while displaying a ready for use indicator (you have to remove the AC power and batteries to get it to respond!) by doing something that a member of staff could do easily - I reported it to the manufacturer and after several months the response was 'You're not using it according to the instructions'! - Sorry, but you give me a piece of equipment and a nurse and I give you Murphy's Law...

Manufacturers don't give a monkeys once they've had your money and the MHRA are (tooth/use)less - but this is not a debate for this particular thread.

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide 'til it goes away.
Master
Master
Originally Posted by Rob1234

An OEM would issue a field safety notice for all users.

Please! You report consistent/repeatable faults to manufacturers and the standard response is 'You're the only ones to experience this'....

Manufacturers don't give a monkeys once they've had your money and the MHRA are (tooth/use)less - but this is not a debate for this particular thread.

And your point is?
Are you suggesting it is OK to ignor the rules and regulations because of your experience with one bad company? Can we all do as we wish because the regulator is ineffective? We all know the police are ineffective so do we all decide it is OK to steal?

As professionals with a consciece we should uphold standards and regulations.

Scholar
Scholar
moot point now, euro energy say they got it wrong and cannot supply this part, they say they have the VCN version that needs bending, which is a modification, but earlier said that this was not the case.. Makes me wonder if pressure has been brought to bear.. but enough conspiracy theory, back to looking for a traceable European source. I will keep those who are interested updated if I do find a suitable source and not some dodgey ebay seller

Master
Master
No matter where you find them unless they are the ones supplied by the original medical device manufacturer, fitting them would constitute a modification!

Scholar
Scholar
No matter where you find them unless they are the ones supplied by the original medical device manufacturer, fitting them would constitute a modification!

Unfortunately then I suppose the biomed is dead, anything we fit must be OEM, might as well send all repairs back to OEM, just to be safe. Fitting a new fuse, if not brought from the oem, with associated traceability, would constitute a modification, CME don't want the pumps used with any but their "recommended" PP3 batteries, so a district nurse fitting a battery she bought from the local shop is modifying the device.

Maybe we should just stop doing anything and let the OEM control the whole process.

Sorry MikeX but the level of defeatism is not how change has been brought about in industries that monopolise and control publicly funded bodies, where they see us as a cash cow.

Master
Master
EBME dead? No, just evolving!

Providing you use original OEM sourced parts and fit them in accordance with the manufacturers instructions then nothing is stopping you making repairs.

The role of the EBME departments is evolving due to changes in technology. Whereas in the past it was simple to repair down to component level now it is becoming impossible. Embrace the change to the new environment! The new role is to be the technology gateway and manage the service rather than actually making repairs. As automation and robots rise we will all need to adapt.

Remember, you are also extracting money from public bodies, so should not blame others for what you are also doing! Working in partnership with manufacturers can actually bring about savings, and not be just about gouging public bodies for more money. Embrace the change.

Novice
OP Offline
Novice
You beat me to it Mithrandir.....
I contacted EuroEnergy with the part number you gave and they quoted me £4.25 each. I asked for a datasheet to be emailed to me for confirmation which ended up showing the CR1220/VCN rather than the CR1220/FCN that we need.
I went back to them to double-confirm when they admitted it needed the pins bending to fit!
They also said they couldn't supply the /FCN as:
Panasonic only supply it in large volumes on an 18 week lead time

As you stated.... it's back to the drawing board!

Scholar
Scholar
Maybe we could convince supply chain to buy the batteries from Panasonic ( from what I can find out 1000 seems to be the minimum order quantity), and then with it's collective buying power it could obtain the best prices for the NHS ( i think that is what the intention was originally).

Early research shows buying from recognised electronic wholesalers will bring these in at around a euro each when buying a thousand. I am almost considering it as it is cheaper than buying 100 from the OEM, but maybe if a few hospitals pooled their buyer needs it could work, but maybe we would all be modifying the pumps....

Master
Master
Nice to see many just ignoring the previous comments and carrying on using non-OEM parts regardless.

I just hope if something does go wrong it was not your decision to save money and use the incorrect parts.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 435 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020