Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Advice: Niox Vero - FeNO Asthma Tester #74823 15/01/20 10:04 AM
mattpope697 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All,

Has anyone come across this product before? The tester measures fractional exhaled nitric oxide, FeNo and is used to test for asthma.

Unlike most medical device being supported for 7 years post manufacture, this device costs in the region of £2640 and has a shelf life of only 5 years. The device cannot be calibrated to extend its life, which seems very odd to me.

I understand a company can recommend a lifespan but can a company legally build in a shelf life to a piece of equipment?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Best regards

Matt

Re: Advice: Niox Vero - FeNO Asthma Tester [Re: mattpope697] #74824 15/01/20 10:48 AM
Darkmarker Offline
Dreamer
Dreamer
Matt,

The NiOx Vero is a point of care test for use in respiratory clinics. The shelf life is based on the fact that the cell inside the system lasts for 5 years.

My understanding was that after the 5 years the supplier offered a generous trade in deal for the old unit, I may be wrong as it is a numebr of years since I had to deal with one of these.

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, KM, RoJo 

Who's Online Now
7 registered members (Urbano Custodio, mari, Garry, Huw, Dustcap, UmeshKirant, Maurizio), 1,581 guests, and 34 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Thieme, alkazav, williamss, SarahC, hartize
9544 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,482
Posts70,945
Members9,543
Most Online5,034
Jan 21st, 2020