Rate Thread
Drager Evita 2
#75186 01/04/20 5:49 AM
billy11 Offline OP
Adept
OP Offline
Adept
Hello

Does anyone know what device failure 00n relates to on an older Evita 2?

Thanks

Philips
Re: Drager Evita 2
billy11 #75193 01/04/20 11:05 AM
Super Hero
Super Hero

I have a list of various codes for the Evita 2 Dura (and Evita 4) dated Feb 1998.

But I don't see 00n mentioned (although it sounds a bit drastic).

I can send you the .pdf if you think it might be of use (but I'll need your email address).

I've also got a Service Manual .pdf for the Evita 2 Dura (but it's in Turkish).

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
billy11 #75194 01/04/20 11:09 AM
Master
Master
As per Geoff... send me an email and i'll we transfer 2 zipped files for the Evita 2 & 4

billy11 #75324 19/04/20 4:22 PM
Hi Billy -- does Drager not provide you with a list of error codes/other diagnostic information?

I'm a right to repair advocate trying to better understand the problem to make sure that manufacturers start providing this kind of info to biomeds immediately.

kevo #75327 19/04/20 5:27 PM
Super Hero
Super Hero
In short, the "problem" is readily illustrated by a quick glance at Frank Weithöner's website ... Download prohibited by Dräger. Support is not desired. etc.

But what can you (or anyone else) do about that? Are you the Government, FDA or what-have-you?

By the way, I am also very keen on the Right to Repair myself, and always have been. But if you really want to understand the issue(s) here, perhaps I should make a couple of points:-

1) In general, manufacturers do provide adequate information ... especially when the equipment is new (and current). Sometimes (often, in some cases) detailed technical information is only provided on training courses (which have to be paid for, of course).

2) Thanks to Regulation (EU in particular), new equipment is almost always accompanied by technical information ... often too much (see here).

3) Many of the items (for which requests for help are made) are already out of production.

4) Many items may be second-hand (charitable donations, for example).

5) We don't really want detailed service information falling into the hands of incompetent people; so we need to be a bit careful about who it gets released to. This is why I feel it is better that folk ask for help ... at least that way (if doubts exist) we can find out who we are dealing with.

6) Some of us (eg, Frank, Malcolm, Neil, myself et al) prefer to offer a helping hand to biomeds toiling away - often in "less than ideal" conditions - in the so called "developing nations". Guys in the "First World" are generally well able - and resourced - to manage by themselves!

In this specific case, the Evita 2 is already an "old" ventilator - but information can be found ... see Malcolm's post above.

billy11 #75330 20/04/20 11:28 AM
billy11 Offline OP
Adept
OP Offline
Adept
Hi All

Thanks for the posts, an old contact had the training notes from 1995 I have only recently disposed of mine. The problem was with connections to the sounder or replace pcb, having checked and cleaned the contacts the vent test run for 2 days and is now on standby should we need it along with 3 Servo 900c, Drager only provide certain information to trained technicians and as such the error codes are omitted from the service manual.

billy11 #75331 20/04/20 11:33 AM
Super Hero
Super Hero
Good news, then.

Did you find what you needed in Malcolm's .zip file?

Meanwhile, here's a well-written (and topical) piece about the "Right to Repair" (with emphasis on ventilators).

There are many nice quotes there (that I shall refrain from repeating again here); but suffice to say that both sides of the argument are given.

For what it's worth, I would be happy myself if manufacturers released tech info "into the wild" once they had discontinued (stopped producing) each model (after a period of five or so years, perhaps). But it would be interesting to hear what others think about this issue.

The other point, of course, is that although some manufacturers may feel obliged to give up tech info, they could still remain in full control of the "right to access spare parts"!

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
11 members (Huw, Neil Porter, jacks, Tombraider, Angus, Daniel Lewis, Dustcap, Emperor, @the!st, manesh, John Sandham), 622 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mudvaynec, Stu, Kacper, Project, Barrow
9634 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,541
Posts71,494
Members9,634
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020