Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Super Hero
Super Hero
One of the (valid, actually) criticisms of "home-grown databases" made on here over the years has been:- what happens when the developer leaves the team? That was why I mentioned being careful with your source code.

I agree with your first paragraph. Like you (I imagine) I have been around long enough to see many Big Ideas (about how to deliver biomed services) come and go; yet the fundamentals remain.

Meanwhile, exporting to, and importing from, other applications - such as Ansur, or any other - is generally possible as long as you can dig into the file structures they use (or have access to detailed technical documentation - not always easy). Then, if you have the time, you can usually write some sort of interfacing code.

Well, that is OK as long as those proprietary files can be presented in common-or-garden ASCII format, but it seems that (like seemingly everything else these days) "clever people" are not satisfied with that, and insist on using the latest Gee-Whiz file formats that can be very difficult to de-code (or simply not worth the effort). In my experience, that stuff adds nothing of real (practical) value; unless "bloatware" is seen as a Good Thing!

What we want is utility and reliability ... not "bells and whistles"! A practical "workplace" to help you get the (real) work done.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Visionary
OP Offline
Visionary
Check out Ansur rev 3XX onwards - one of the main differences over rev 2.xx is the ability for Ansur to work within an SQL database (or is it as an extension? - not sure of the correct terminology)

Of course - this was one if not the main driving factor in going down the SQL/MySQL path.

Happy Easter - now where that chocolate....

P.

Super Hero
Super Hero
I am by no means an expert on Ansur, but I believe that you only need SQL Server and Ansur Executive Server if you choose to use the "Electronic Signatures" feature (which was available from 3.0 onwards).

Otherwise only Ansur Exectutive is needed.

If you want to use "Electronic Signatures" then SQL Server and Ansur Executive Server need to be installed on the server PC. It is my understanding (?) that the client PCs only need Ansur Executive (that is, not SQL).

Either way, the actual files used by Ansur - .mjo, .mts, .mtt, .mtr - should (I believe) remain essentially as files in an .xml format.

Super Hero
Super Hero
I was planning to comment on this before ...
Originally Posted by Philip Page
...then finally print test labels (label for on unit and label for mains lead).
Interesting that you tag the mains cable as well.

Philosopher
Philosopher
Don't know what the rules are in the UK and elsewhere but down this way (Aus/NZ) detachable mains cables need their own label which specifies not only test/next test date but the asset number of the device with which the cable was tested, that way you know where the test results are for earth resistance etc should the cable be moved to a different device, as often happens, and that device were to be involved in an incident.

Fixed mains cables do not require a separate label but we often do anyway out of habit as much as anything.

Thoughts and information provided on this forum are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the policy of NSW Health. They may also be complete bollocks!!
1 member likes this: Huw
Super Hero
Super Hero
@Dave: thanks for that, Mate. To avoid derailing the thread, I've copied your post here.

@Phil: maybe the comment I made here applies to your situation as well.

Visionary
OP Offline
Visionary
Hi All

Sorry - been comatosed for a while there!!!

Thanks Dave, Yup mains lead labelling is a thing in our neck of the woods...

Geoff - point taken about Ansur but its a good environment to test in and connects to a lot of my test equipment.
'One day' - we may develop an alternative to it - but not yet - we want to get this database/biomed tool working and working well first.

Phil

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 587 guests, and 520 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,707
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020