Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
HI all, i saw that is this conversation so old but maybe i get some answer. We are from Slovenia and we have some special characters Š Č and Ž. Everything work except characters Č only on PDF export. We get characters "e E" instead of "č Č".

I know that Ansur use iso8859-1 encoding so characters "Č" is not supported, but in ansur manual on page 2-12 is writted that for unicode language use Arial Unicode MS. So how can i force ansur to use this font not primary which dont have included these characters?

Becuse i can do the language file which i can then select in ansur language menu, but i dont know how to tell ansur to use this unicode font so Arial Unicode MS?

Have someone experience on this?

KR. Toni

Super Hero
Super Hero
The way I read 2-12 is:- "For Unicode languages (for example Japanese and Chinese), make sure the Arial Unicode MS font is available on the PC" ... so, which language setting is your Ansur set to? Neither Japanese or Chinese, I should imagine.

Which character set is your computer (keyboard) using?

Also, if you're really keen, you should be able to have Ansur label objects present as almost anything you want by fiddling about (er, editing) appropriate files in the ...\Ansur\Language directory folder.

Check-out Charmap.exe (usually found in ...\Windows\System32); the Č character (U+010C) is available in the Unicode character set for not only Arial, but for some other fonts as well.

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Super Hero
Super Hero
More clues (maybe) ... or this one.

Super Hero
Super Hero
Having played about some more with this one, I have come to the conclusion that the č and Č characters cannot be displayed at Ansur forms.

In brief, I tried editing various .lng files, including adding the header English::Ansur::2.4::<@Unicode@^512^> (for example) and then substituting Člose instead of Close (again, for example). But without success ... with 🤔🤔lose being produced.

These Slovene characters are found in the "Latin Extended-A" (or third block) of the Unicode standard. My suspicion is that the Ansur.UnicodeFileParser.dll (found in the ...\Ansur directory folder) has not been set up to handle these characters.

I have read that sometimes the (dual) characters c~ and C~ are recognized "workarounds" in place of č and Č.

But if o remember right it is only problem with characters Č on exporting PDF file. If we print dure tla in Ansur as i remember the Č characters is show so i think that is problem with parsing text for PDF file. And as i have experience with coding in other enveroment like java we have all time problem that pre inserted dont have setev this characters in font. So then we must import our custom utf-8 font and then work.

So strange is also this that we get characters C instead of Č. So i think that now i only need to force using this Unicode Arial font but i cant find way to it.

We are been in contact with fluke multiple times but with no success. They answer that this not support and that try will not doing anymore upgrade.

I also find that if i view PDF font properties in Adobe J saw that is include font Times News roman and arial but in ANSII charset. So i think that is problem here but i thing that need to change source code which is not possible. Or have someone idea how to do this?

Super Hero
Super Hero
Is the Č character produced OK if you print output from Ansur in RTF format?

I'm thinking that you could then convert RTF to PDF (using one of the RTF to PDF Converters).

Meanwhile, it seems that I misunderstood what you were saying up thread. I had imagined that you could not get the Č character to display at the Ansur forms. For instance, at Help | About Ansur... in the example I gave.

Originally Posted by ToniAFSlo
We are been in contact with fluke multiple times but with no success. They answer that this not support and that try will not doing anymore upgrade
It's a pity that Fluke doesn't make the source code available if they don't want to continue development themselves. Especially now they have their new system available. In my opinion, the Ansur concept is too good to be left to wither on the vine ... but it does need further development.

I'm sorry for this wrong information. No i have wrong remember, not even on printing i dont get Č. So its look like that is here End of Story. Problem is becuse Ansur when exporting pdf set encoding to ANSI so if someone find solution to change this to UTF8 please tell me.

How i can export report in RTF format?

Super Hero
Super Hero
The manual mentions printing reports in RTF format. I have not been able to do this myself as I don't have access to a fully enabled Ansur (but just a "demo" version).

There is a "Store text as RTF" check-box on the "Edit document properties" form (under the Edit menu). But it's probably best to forget about RTF.

Sadly, it seems that the issues you are facing are not completely unknown. Also see here.

I guess what you need is a way to intercept the Ansur-to-pdf routine and inserting your own code. But without access to Ansur source code (or hacking into it), I can't see how that can be done.

Meanwhile, I found this in the file "English (ansur).lng":-
"If User selects Unicode languagues (Ex: Japanese or Chinese) make sure that system locale is changed to respective language and 'Arial Unicode MS' font installed in the PC."
I would have a "play" myself, but to be honest, I don't want to disturb my PC by fiddling about with stuff like that! You know, keyboard settings (mapping), Code Pages and so forth.

Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 428 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,064
Posts73,734
Members10,180
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020