Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services EBME Expo Contact ☰
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#9776 08/04/05 1:21 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 48
rogerh Offline OP
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 48
Is it just me, or can someone please tell me why people feel the need to ware nighties, pyjamas and dressing-gowns in hospital? Is it a throw-back to the carry-on films?
:~/


Life seems so much easier since I gave up hope...
#9777 08/04/05 1:35 PM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 89
Adept
Offline
Adept
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 89
And that's just the staff :p :p


It's not something you can teach. I am that damn good.
#9778 08/04/05 1:40 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14,815
Likes: 72
Super Hero
Offline
Super Hero
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14,815
Likes: 72
I was just "sniped" there, as I was going to ask Roger whether he was refering to the patients or the staff. Anyway, why not check-out https://www.ebme.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/18/13.html smile


If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
#9779 08/04/05 2:51 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 48
rogerh Offline OP
Technologist
OP Offline
Technologist
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 48
No no no, the patients I meant, EBME folk always dress impeccably...
;~}


Life seems so much easier since I gave up hope...
#9780 08/04/05 4:47 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 53
Scholar
Offline
Scholar
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 53
Just so long as it's not the tie thing again because I can not find one that looks right with my working ball gown.


Jill CLO
#9781 08/04/05 5:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I cannot find one to go with my black boiler-suit with the white stripe down the back.

P. LePeu.

#9782 10/04/05 10:23 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 136
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 136
What I want to know is, what would they wear if they didn't? The thought of the average patient wandering around 'as nature intended' doesn't bare (sorry!) thinking about.

#9783 11/04/05 7:58 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 768
Philosopher
Offline
Philosopher
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 768
So is the suggestion that we issue patients with uniforms??!!
Maybe we could colur code them: light blue for a first timer. Dark Blue for repeat visitor. Green for long stayer. Red for someone who has had their operation cancelled more than 3 times etc. etc.


Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.
#9784 11/04/05 8:58 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,020
Hero
Offline
Hero
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,020
I would worry if I went in to casualty and the triage nurse gave me a black gown to wear. eek
I think proper uniforms in theatres are needed. When they all wear the same you cannot tell a porter from a consultant especially when they insist in covering their faces with masks.
Except for anaesthetists who do not need to wear masks and have a magazine tucked under their arm. wink
Robert


My spelling is not bad. I am typing this on a Medigenic keyboard and I blame that for all my typos.
#9785 11/04/05 1:04 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 142
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 142
THE one's that would bother me are

Pathology staff wearing black and carring a Sythe (hope i have spelled that correctly)

or patients in ICU and CCU wearing wooden browny colours

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (daisizhou), 7,983 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AraEmin, Edouardohaag, Mark B, Royal, davidarhui
10,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics11,280
Posts74,583
Members10,392
Most Online69,877
Jul 17th, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5