Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services Seminar Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Old Regulation Medical Equipment apcarena 19 minutes ago
suspect that is correct
funny thing is that many of the medical directives had UK people at the helm steering the 'progress'.........
2 225 Read More
Re: New Hospital Geoff Hannis Yesterday at 05:32 PM

When presented with the luxury of designing a new hospital (see Len's opening post) it's probably best to begin by blocking out sensible (rational, logical) clusters of functional departments:- Sterile Supplies adjacent to Theatres, ICU next to Theatres, NICU near to L&D, Radiology and CT next to A&E, Physio near to OPD etc., etc.

"Engineering" is often stuck out in a Services Building* - near to the generators and so forth. That is OK, but (as already mentioned) Biomed Services should be nearer to the users (that is, in the main clinical building), with satellite workshops scattered here and there as previously discussed.

I know that architects (especially) are usually in a hurry to develop their latest "beautiful creation", but they often need to be "managed" (restrained), and reminded by more down-to-earth (and to them, lesser) beings that we are essentially designing a place of work, rather than an art gallery. whistle

By the way, when I say "adjacent", don't forget there may be various ways of achieving such "connectivity" - adjoining departments, corridors, and elevators (lifts) to name just a few ... as well as pneumatic tube systems (which seem to have made a bit of a comeback in recent years).

"Distribution" of supplies, patients' meals and what-have-you is another area that should be thought about early on (rather than literally being an after-thought); there are options there as well (does anyone else remember the subterranean roads with electric stores trains running around the basement at Northwick Park?).

Lastly, even at an early stage, don't forget compartmentalization of departments vis-à-vis fire protection (and regulations) - something else best incorporated into the overall design right from the start.

See also this ancient thread (some of the links no longer work, unfortunately). smile

* Also a good place to hide the Laundry, by the way.
12 1,906 Read More
Technical Assistance Jump to new posts
Re: Micrel syringe driver billy11 Yesterday at 02:52 PM
The major competitor CME dont take this stance with spare parts!
9 485 Read More
Re: Micrel syringe driver Geoff Hannis 06/12/19 6:57 PM

Welcome to the forum, Doctor. smile

Thanks for your useful post.

When discussing Micrel pumps, I believe we need to be precise about which model we are actually referring to; especially bearing in mind they are aimed at different (various) clinical applications.

MP 101+
MP Daily+
MP mlh+
MP Thalapump 20

Also, we need to consider which drivers we should compare them with ... the CME T-34 ... or the ("good old") MS-16A or MS-20? think
9 485 Read More
Re: Micrel syringe driver mbedwards 06/12/19 5:34 PM
Hi, I've just conducted a evaluation and review of the Micrel micropump to determine whether it would be a suitable alternative to our NHS Trust's current syringe driver. The UK agent (not Mark) came along to 5 different evaluation sessions so our clinical teams could have a good look and 'play' around with the syringe driver and they concluded: the device has some definite positives - lightweight and long battery life but it is very basic and has a number of significant drawbacks to it which could impact significantly on patient safety. I am happy to share our findings on this evaluation with you individually rather than an open forum - I have shared these with the UK's agent from Inspiration Health. I've also heard the NHS will be conducting a nationwide clinical trial to evaluate this device so it will be interesting to read the results of this.
9 485 Read More
Re: Micrel syringe driver Mark Radbourne 06/12/19 4:35 PM
If you fancy replacing all the syringe drivers at a trust Geoff, I am sure we can discuss a visit to Athens 😁
9 485 Read More
Re: Micrel syringe driver Geoff Hannis 06/12/19 3:36 PM

So not in Athens, then. frown

Thanks for that information, Mark. Very useful and concise.
9 485 Read More
Re: Micrel syringe driver Mark Radbourne 06/12/19 11:54 AM
Hi

Just in case my signature doesn't work, I work for Inspiration Healthcare, who are the UK agents for Micrel

To answer the questions posted above and on the other thread Geoff linked to;
The batteries, which are 6 x AAA of your choice, can last up to 3 months (at 40mm travel per day). The more you use it, obviously it uses the batteries more but even with the cheapest batteries fitted it will exceed 25 Hrs, probably even 25 days. This makes a huge difference to the budget holder, if they factor this in for the life of the product
The buckle to secure the syringe is fairly robust and does not have any Velcro on it
The contract we have with Micrel limits the selling of spare parts to trained individuals, it also helps with our regulatory compliance and makes practical sense. If anyone from within the UK approaches Micrel, they pass the query to us to answer on their behalf, that's the point of having a dealer in a country
We offer service training on this product, the same as we do for lots of products we sell, there is a charge but it is less than £2,000 per person. We also provide refresher training at a discounted price but this is only for those who we have previously trained (we know who we've trained, obviously). We don't perform train the trainer on this product as we are not allowed to but we do this on some products we provide training for, it really depends on the stance taken by the manufacturer.
For the delivery charge of £150, this sounds like a dedicated vehicle was used, not UPS but as I do not know where you are or what you bought, I cannot comment further.
The Micrel MPmlh+ syringe driver requires servicing every 3 years but we recommend checking it every year for accuracy
9 485 Read More
Service Manuals & Schematics Jump to new posts
Re: GE SENOGRAPHE DMR service password vitapablo 06/12/19 10:40 AM
By mammocom do not need service pw, and menu is amigable, look at forum for mammocom
1 137 Read More
Service Manuals & Schematics Jump to new posts
Re: Draeger Manuals vitapablo 06/12/19 10:38 AM
Try this

https://mega.nz/#!jVkBgKKa!pEgjGG2gCku2_rBUbzhPHbvoXK-7-bGYM-Cwwauk21c
1 218 Read More
Medical Equipment Management Jump to new posts
Re: software mammocom vitapablo 06/12/19 10:30 AM
Here is

https://mega.nz/#!TN131bIZ!iVQ-kXAi5PgUYOnrnt863uYs1wvjlwp1HB_USla8iAw

Be carefull DMR Xray tube is out of production
2 681 Read More
Re: Old Regulation Medical Equipment Geoff Hannis 05/12/19 7:04 PM

Originally Posted by apcarena

My problem is that I cannot not find anything before 1970 for EU legislation.

... maybe they didn't have any. whistle

Stay cool guys; it's only a joke.

At that stage in the "onward march" of what became the European Union, each member state would have still been using its own regulations, I should imagine. DIN, TÜV and what-have-you. I'm not sure if the AFSSAPS (French) went back that far; qui sait?
2 225 Read More
Old Regulation Medical Equipment apcarena 05/12/19 12:15 PM
Hi All,
I am writing a lecture on medical device regulation and was looking for references to old legislation and regulations or requirements.
Using the UK Gov web site I have found legislation from before WWII.
My problem is that I cannot not find anything before 1970 for EU legislation. I have found proposals dating from 1972 for electro medical equipment..... but from looking at other documents I think there is EU legislation or requirements from the 1960s.
If you know of any such legislation or documentation please could you email me the title.
Cheers
Patrick
2 225 Read More
Equipment Libraries Jump to new posts
software philips v60 jlinero 05/12/19 11:31 AM
Hi.
I need respironics V60 respirator connection software (philips).
Is it possible for someone to have it?
A greeting.
0 118 Read More
Test Equipment Jump to new posts
Drager Atlan A300 & A350XL jacks 02/12/19 1:55 PM
Hi, anyone using the new Drager Anesthesia Machine Atlan A300 & A350XL. If so are they any good.
0 183 Read More
Re: Register of Clinical Technologists Geoff Hannis 01/12/19 5:22 PM

Originally Posted by Neil Porter

By who's authority?

... the bullies in the playground. frown

PS: whose
26 5,129 Read More
Re: Register of Clinical Technologists Geoff Hannis 01/12/19 5:18 PM

What's wrong with the "evidence" of hundreds of jobs (and maybe thousands of PMs) successfully completed over the period (year-to-date, or whatever)? think
26 5,129 Read More
Re: New Hospital Steveddie 01/12/19 11:56 AM
Very close to SDU for standardised decon prior to engineering actions. One pathway for all instrumentation and equipment. In Use->SDU->EBME->Use
12 1,906 Read More
Re: Coating of medical devices Steveddie 01/12/19 11:51 AM
A safe and resilient hydrophobic coating too would be good - no more dried on residue to worry about, especially combined with the above silver addition.
2 425 Read More
Re: Register of Clinical Technologists Steveddie 01/12/19 11:49 AM
I believe that the RCT and achievement of registration for a person is a good feedback measure for any EBME/Clinical Engineering department providing training for individuals as they progress through their career. With their successful registration, we have some external assurance for ourselves that we have provided for them an objective, recognised and balanced spectrum of experiences and knowledge. Which can only benefit themselves in future their career and the department going forward.

We have it as a desirable quality though not essential (as it is voluntary); I actively encourage all of our technicians to develop a portfolio of evidence from day 1, somewhat aligned to the RCT equivalence route criteria, to support their eventual RCT applications and evidence experience and competence. Older hands are a little less on board with the evidence gathering for sure but it is still encouraged and annually reviewed.
26 5,129 Read More
Re: Register of Clinical Technologists Neil Porter 30/11/19 11:31 PM
By who's authority?
26 5,129 Read More
Re: Micrel syringe driver Geoff Hannis 30/11/19 5:27 PM

Has anyone had a go at getting spares directly from Athens (ie, the factory)? think

It's always worth a try.

Some years ago I had some success in "circumventing" the local agent when I needed parts for similar equipment* made in Israel. The factory was also very generous in providing "hard to find" technical information (and drawings - for the identification of parts) as well.

On the other hand, if the course was in Athens, then perhaps it would be worth a go! smile

* No prizes for guessing which one. I also know a guy who went out to Caesarea for a week to get trained.
9 485 Read More
Re: Electrical Safety Analyzer Fluke Geoff Hannis 30/11/19 5:19 PM

Sounds like you need to read the manual, Edoardo. smile

Either that, or you are using a faulty mains cable between the ES-620 and the equipment under test. Unless, of course, there is something wrong with your ESA-620 (which I doubt).
1 154 Read More
Re: Register of Clinical Technologists Geoff Hannis 30/11/19 5:16 PM

... not voluntary. frown
26 5,129 Read More
Re: Micrel syringe driver billy11 30/11/19 5:14 PM
Reliability wise the pump is good, we have got a good few out there and failure rate is low, beware the uk agent will not supply parts unless you complete a 1 day training course at £2000 per head. Also watch delivery charges £150 was on one of our orders.
9 485 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (apcarena), 1,376 guests, and 40 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mbedwards, John Cude, SAM6, jlinero, Marco Téllez
9518 Registered Users
Events
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,463
Posts70,856
Members9,518
Most Online1,946
Nov 14th, 2019