Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services Seminar Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Test Equipment Jump to new posts
Re: Biotek QED 6 Geoff Hannis 13/05/21 4:00 PM
... also - the circuit diagrams (just in case).
2 124 Read More
Service Manuals & Schematics Jump to new posts
Re: Fresenius Agilia Mc Geoff Hannis 12/05/21 4:37 PM
Please consider copying to Frank also.
2 201 Read More
Medical Equipment Management Jump to new posts
Re: Fluke OneQA Geoff Hannis 11/05/21 4:45 PM
Originally Posted by Howard
...you don't have to have a laptop with you to drive the device....
... this is the essential point to bear in mind when comparing the Datrend approach with others (especially Ansur). It's a practical (real world) consideration.

In short, vPad (Datrend) uses Android tablets to "drive the device" (test equipment), with "apps" to be installed depending upon which test equipment in being used (and which, if any, CMMS is to be linked to). In fact, you could say that the tablet is part of the test equipment (a situation that becomes obvious when you glance at the latest Datrend test equipment).

Whereas Ansur needs (uses) a "plug-in" (dedicated software) for each item of test equipment (electrical safety tester, NIBP tester etc.), vPad uses an "app".

I believe there is merit in both approaches. For instance, I like the "drag and drop" style of the Ansur template building "screen" - it's (what they call) "intuitive" (and has been that way from the very first Metron versions).

From the little I've seen so far of OneQA, it seems to be very PC - or large laptop - centric, and what we might call "document based".

Originally Posted by Howard
CMMS integration is difficult, but not impossible. It depends if you really think you need it ...
Yes; wise words.
10 1,269 Read More
Technical Assistance Jump to new posts
Olympus CH-S400 repair michal1 10/05/21 8:36 PM
Dear All,
can someone recomend company that can repair Olympus CH-S400 4k endoscopy camera head.
Head cable needs to be replaced.
Alternatively I would consider buying that item.
0 92 Read More
Technical Assistance Jump to new posts
Re: OLYMPUS ENDOECHO EU-M2000 Geoff Hannis 09/05/21 8:37 PM
This is an interesting one, Peter; have you had any joy with it yet?

My first guess would be a "bad" connection at the endoscope (front panel). Do you have more than one endoscope to try (swap over)?
1 218 Read More
Test Equipment Jump to new posts
Re: Testing of therapeutic ultrasound Geoff Hannis 09/05/21 6:52 PM
Where budgets allowed, the instrument of choice used to be either the Bio-tek UW-3 (see image below) or the Ohmic UPM-DT 100AV. Similar test kit was available from others (BC Biomed USP-100SP, Fluke UW-5, Netech UPM-2000 et al ... all working on the same principle).

This .pdf gives an idea about the current Ohmic range (as does this link).

Failing that, if money is tight, and you only have just one or two units to check out, you could (do as we once did and ...) make your own "ultrasound output indicator" out of a glass jar (we found a square one - some sort of tank) and fashion a "deflection vane" dangling on a wire frame. The vane to be under degassed water, of course. Trial and error is then required before marking output levels on the glass, as pointed to by the er, pointer. If I remember rightly, we were looking for Watts per square centimetre.

When it comes to frequency, I should imagine that waving a probe (or wire hook) from a frequency counter in front of the transducer should do the trick. We're usually looking for 1 and (or) 3 MHz. Remember not to run the unit for too long without a load (that is, bung some coupling gel on the transducer surface).

Meanwhile, here is an "learned article".
1 200 Read More
Who's Online Now
1 members (ram0001p), 147 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LabRat, kman247, jbuchan, cike, MagnetomC
9,826 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,731
Posts72,377
Members9,826
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020