Home Articles Downloads Forum Products Services Seminar Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Medical Equipment Management Jump to new posts
Re: Thoughts on 'Remanufacturing Medical Devices' Damola 10/08/20 12:54 PM
Thanks very much for your comments Geoff.

My thesis actually focuses on the larger Remanufacturing research discipline (automotive, electronic, marine transport etc.) with a bid to understanding user perception and factors. (Since most of my research work are not yet published I won’t be sharing much details). However, I will keep your suggestion in mind for future research. I will also reach out to you personally, to learn more about "Practical Methods of Prolonging (or Extending) the Useful Life of Medical Equipment".

About my research on medical devices
I had thought (one way or the other) that medical devices could be a really good product area to improve, especially when it comes to preparing used devices for charity donations to less-resourced regions. Another application could be in other climes (such as the USA) where refurbished/remanufactured medical devices are somewhat accepted. However, From my interviews and meetings with a number of experts in the NHS, it is clear that there is little (if any) tolerance for the use of refurbished medical devices in the U.K.

We would seek to work with OEMs to see how we can improve their refurbishment process towards achieving the aims of Remanufacturing (full warranty and liabilities, quality and performance similar to new, post sales services).

Research is a never ending process which is why we always appreciate the support of seasoned experts such as you, to help us achieve our aims and make the world a better place 😁.

Thank you
21 605 Read More
Spare Parts Jump to new posts
Re: NIDEK TONOREF I PRINTER ASSY Geoff Hannis 07/08/20 10:32 AM
So, if I've read that right, the Tonoref will (does) accept a remote printer. Is there a suitable connector on the back of the unit?
3 187 Read More
Service Manuals & Schematics Jump to new posts
Re: ZEISS NC 4 SERVICE MANUAL Geoff Hannis 06/08/20 1:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dannyboy
I am getting error E1 on the machine.
I am advised from another source:- "Check the A6 board".

Unfortunately, no further clues were given.
3 305 Read More
Who's Online Now
4 members (Huw, Madhavesh, Neil Porter, UHPNTpetersa), 561 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Madhavesh, UHPNTpetersa, Abdul-Aziz, Anam, Phil-h
9676 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics10,579
Posts71,695
Members9,674
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020