Hang on Adrian - you said make decisions, not advise in your previous posting - now you're saying it's your role to advise. I was only responding to the statements you made. I'm not criticising DD - I was responding to your comments not DDs. It's a fact that the responsibility for decisions in electrosurgery rest with the clinical staff - as published and expressed in guidelines by the MHRA (EBME has an advisory role, not clinical decision making), I'm not criticising, I'm expressing my disagreement and my own opinions plus trying to give you an idea of my understanding (read as: how I understand it to be - NOT "I am an expert and you are not") of the ethics as well as the technical stuff. You're perfectly entitled to critcise what I have to say.

In the analogue world the mixing of two or more complex signals depends upon the relative frequency, phases and amplitudes plus the complexity of the load of course. Take two signals of different frequency, phase amplitude and crest factors considering power waveforms (non-sinusiodal i.e. complex) and things get a tad difficult when you consider a highly complex load plus leakages (the patient) and other influences such as cables, plates, other equipment - ad infinitum if you want - please don't try to trivialise something that is actually quite complex. College notes are quite a long way from the real-world in my experience.

You said:

Quote:
I’m eager to hear other people’s thoughts,