Thanks for that information. Two quick comments, if I may:-

1) Accessories? Where do we draw the line? Are we supposed to be asset tagging ECG leads (as well as mains cables) now, then? If not, how can they be identified? And/or what use are the results in "proving" what set up was actually tested:- mains cable - EUT - patient cables etc.?

2) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure that IEC-62353 has been "officially sanctioned" in the UK (yet). frown

Plus a couple more (following a cup of tea):-

1) The thought occurs that anyone adopting 62353 is likely to be using a modern tester, and so all that record keeping should be taken care of. That is, stored within the tester itself, then downloaded (transferred) to the PC, for viewing (if need be) not by whichever "equipment database" is being used, but by the software provided with (or available for) the tester!

2) When testing to 62353, won't the "record" also need to note which method was employed for the leakage tests (direct, differential, or alternative)? OK ... I see that you indeed mentioned "measuring method" above (and presume that this what that means).

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.