Whilst I can agree that obtaining a driving licence would be a nice (obvious?) way of enhancing his CV (and thereby his chances of gaining employment), I need to make the following observation, if only so as not to discourage our friend Fotios unnecessarily:-

During my "agency" days I was only once asked to drive a vehicle* belonging to the hospital. More usually the tasks "they" wanted carrying out were quite limited and defined ... and on the rare occasions that driving came up as a possibility, "insurance" issues (risk, etc.) generally kicked that idea into touch.

I might add that I know (or at least knew) of one well-known "agency tech" who always travelled to assignments by train (and then bus, or whatever). And - if I were once again to re-enter the fray, I believe that I would follow suit.

When working in London I always used to get about on the Tube (just like almost everyone else) ... even carrying tools and test equipment (often) and even the odd bit of "kit" (from time to time). smile

* It was a little red Fiesta (this was back in 1992), and the heap of [censored] refused to start when I was ready to return to the main site; so I left it parked at the "other" hospital and took the bus back!