Check out some of the larger companies as well. I know GE Healthcare have taken on some post graduates, I have met some of them.
Also some of the BioMed companies that have been mentioned. In our company (not one of those mentioned) I have had 4 post graduates that wouldn't know a screwdriver if it jumped up and bit them, I have trained them and two are still with us, one is now a senior engineer and another is now a team leader, the other two left to join the NHS, from memory both on a band 6.
We had one post graduate who was a motor mechanic so he knew how to use tools, so it didn't take much to train him in the Bio Med side of things, he also is working in the NHS now.
So good luck, you have the advantage that decent Bio-Med engineers are as rare as hens teeth.