Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hilary Offline OP
Dreamer
OP Offline
Dreamer
Morning all,

I work for a 3 ward hospice - 38 beds.

Basic ward equipment - thermometers, pulse oxy and BP machines. Nothing fancy as it isn't ITU life and death so to speak.

As you all know if you want something broken give it to the nursing staff for 5 mins.

I'm looking for recommendations for the all in one spot vital machines. Which are the most robust?
It needs to cover the basics and not be prohibitively expensive either as an initial outlay or on replacement probes etc.

thanks

MrsT - I'd never loose anything if it wasn't for other people!
Philosopher
Philosopher
We use the Welch Allyn Connex units, Not to much in the way of hardware failures, in fact hardly any, just the usual probe replacements. Model number is 68NXTX.
The local private hospital also use WA but a more compact version but I don't like the tympanic thermometer system that goes with it. That model is a 71WE.

Dave

Last edited by DaveC in Oz; 12/04/21 1:06 AM.

Thoughts and information provided on this forum are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the policy of NSW Health. They may also be complete bollocks!!
1 member likes this: Huw
Hilary Offline OP
Dreamer
OP Offline
Dreamer
Thanks
The WA connex is what I've been looking at.

I guess I'm nervous as our clinical staff have the ability to break probes and thermometers within minutes.
I think they must play catch with them or something!

MrsT - I'd never loose anything if it wasn't for other people!
Philosopher
Philosopher
Yes, the WA units are fairly good but I would go with the 68 not the 71 as the former uses the oral temp probe which is better and more robust than the Braun tympanic on the 71.

On Monday, give a nurse three ball bearings. By Friday, one will be broken, one will be lost and the third will be covered in sticky tape! laugh

Thoughts and information provided on this forum are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the policy of NSW Health. They may also be complete bollocks!!
1 member likes this: Huw
Master
Master
What about the new Mindray unit advertised on the home EBME page ??

Visionary
Visionary
Hi

What Dave in Oz says...the Welch Allyn family is great and hard wearing.

There are also couple of other manufacturers, Mindray (as mentioned above) and Edan and I'm sure there are more out there.

Phil

1 member likes this: John Sandham
Novice
Novice
I'm resurrecting this thread if people don't mind?
To ask if anyone else out there has Additional Power Module (APM) problems with the CSM. In particular the M.O.Varistor (which limits in-rush currents) goes Open Circuit, the whole machine just dies with lack of power/charge for batteries etc?

I believe there may have been a change of Internal PSU OEM, around 2021 so APMs before this date maybe?

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
5 members (daisizhou, Stargolf, Geoff Hannis, mosfet1996, 1 invisible), 509 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Yousri, mosfet1996, rajvenugopal, Arzo Momand, steve_shomz
10,180 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,063
Posts73,728
Members10,179
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020