Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#76872 14/06/22 9:48 AM
Novice
OP Offline
Novice
Just want to survey if any Biomeds out there interested to move to downunder?

Master
Master
If only we were a bit younger eh Geoff !!!

If I could convince my Italian wife to leave Italy I'd be on the next flight, I'm sure you will be inundated with offers.

Expert
Expert
Tempted to go Australia and if anyone has any suggestions or point me in some directions i would be grateful. But curious about NZ, what are the benefits Kristy07?

30 years since the Chernobyl disaster and yet we still have no super heroes or zombies.
1 member likes this: kristy07
Super Hero
Super Hero
@Malcolm:- "a bit younger"? Thirty years would be about right.

As an aside, I once applied for a position with F&P (must have been at least forty years ago now) ... they replied suggesting I was "over qualified" (can you imagine?); I guess they were just being kind. For a couple of years previously I used to get a weekly newspaper air-mailed out from Dunedin (I think it was) as "the plan" was to head out there when I left the mob. It never happened, of course ... and more's the pity.

Mind you, Malcolm, the Kiwis have not always been too keen on England (see Sling Camp at Bulford, 15 March 1919).

@Dustcap:- "benefits"? If you have to ask, then you can't be serious!

However, TBH the "politics" of NZ are not what they once were.

For myself, I would be happy to head out almost anywhere in the world, just as long as it was for a permanent position (meaning that I did not have to return to the UK).

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.
Master
Master
Geoff, my wife is very broad minded, as most Italians are, you can come and live with me if you like !!!

Super Hero
Super Hero
@Malcolm:- that's very "British" of you, Mate.

I'm sure it's not the case for you, but the Italians I have worked with (being, in the main, of the "rough and ready" - contractors - type) were not so much broad-minded as loud, boisterous and argumentative. Not really "the thing" for us English Gentlefolk. I seem to recall lots of waving about of arms (as well as hot milk and toast at breakfast ... then pasta at every other opportunity).

Meanwhile, in the spirit of this thread, I have just enjoyed a couple of Kiwi fruit (aka Chinese gooseberry) - which is one of my favourites (and high in vitamin C). Unfortunately, coming from Spain, they weren't "originals".

Super Hero
Super Hero
By chance, a Kiwi bloke called Harrison Christian was just on the radio. He is a direct descendant of Fletcher Christian (about whom the jury is still out!) and has written a book about HMS Bounty (1789).

This led me to look up Norfolk Island; that looks pretty "off grid" - I wonder if they need any (old) biomeds there?

BTW, I reckon that Lieutenant (later Vice-Admiral) William Bligh's epic 41-day voyage with 18 loyal men in a 23-foot open boat from (near) Tofua to Kupang on Timor (passing through the Torres Strait along the way) to be one of the greatest feats of navigation under "arduous conditions" in history. Equipped with just a quadrant, a pocket watch, sextant and a compass, apparently (but no charts).

Such leadership (Shackleton - Elephant Island - 127 years later is another example)!

PS: for those interested in history, especially in regard of "what happened to the mutineers" ... look up HMS Pandora (1779) and "Pandora's Box"!

Master
Master
Things are looking up Geoff, if you take up my offer you can awake at "sparrow fart" and go go and pick fresh Kiwi's from one of our 5 plants...(plus a male that really doesn't do much apart from keep the females company)

Novice
OP Offline
Novice
sorry its should be "Just want to survey if any Biomeds out there interested to move to New Zealand - Aotearoa?

Super Hero
Super Hero
A beautiful "outdoors" country ... slightly bigger than Great Britain, but with fewer people than Yorkshire; what's not to like?

Are you hiring, then?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DaveC in Oz, RoJo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (J Darby, daisizhou, 1 invisible), 334 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MDevins, EmsR16, Fergusben1, Guilherme Gomes, Salvatore
10,173 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums25
Topics11,055
Posts73,704
Members10,173
Most Online5,980
Jan 29th, 2020