Well done Mr Geoff.

This is indeed an important yet unresolved issue in my department. Some time ago I wrote some findinds/observations on this topic and copied the information to the hospital's estates and EBME depatments. The estates department have taken action with their portable mains lead testing while my department languishes in doing nothing. Alas ignorance is bliss, but it will be interesting to see which department gets sued if a faulty lead electrocutes a patient.

As for the fuse rating of mains leads, when I did my electrical safety testing course, the then IEE recomendation was with either 3 or 13 ampere.

Barney