Your reputation is built on safety, reliability and compliance. So is ours. The MHRA have recently issued an alert (MDA/2013/078) regarding the Plum A+ and A+3 family of infusers, Gemstar infuser and Lifecare PCA infuser manufactured by Hospira.
The Alert Summarised
- The CE marking for these pumps has been withdrawn
- Hospira will not be supplying any new pumps from these ranges
- There are a number of current field safety notices detailing faults that may lead to over infusion, low infusion rates or an interruption to therapy.
- Use an alternative pump where available
- Action underway: 18 November 2013
- Action complete: 16 December 2013
CME Medical can help you to uphold your reputation and provide consistent care
- We have more portable infusion devices placed in the UK and Ireland than any other company
- We have the largest cross-functional, dedicated support team, per device than any other company in the UK and Ireland
- The BodyGuard 545TM Epidural Infusion Pump is the most adopted system over the last 10 years
- We are the first infusion company to obtain the Skills for Health Quality Mark for our training programmes
Flexible purchasing options
We can offer a range of purchasing options, including our Partners Programme - a loan based agreement which enables non-capital purchase and complete flexibility.
Dedicated infusion pumps
Our range of dedicated ambulatory BodyGuard infusion pumps are suitable for adult and paediatric use and include the following safety features:
- Adjustable air in line detection
- Occlusion pressure settings
- Automatic bolus rate adjustment
- Post occlusion bolus reduction system
- Weight-based dosing
- Event log
- Lockable keypads
- A range of alerts and alarms
- Built-in code-protected protocols
- Colour coded administration sets with anti-siphon valve and anti-kink tubing
- Dedicated lockboxes to help protect the pump and secure controlled drugs
- Carry pouches to enable your patient to ambulate as required
CME Medical can offer guidance and advice on how to comply with new MHRA guidelines.
Please contact our customer services team, quoting code MKGEBMEPR13, who will put you in touch with our appropriate expert.
Tel: 01253 206330
Or visit: www.cmemedical.co.uk