The personal information that we collect from visitors to our website.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register or sign up for our newsletter, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To send periodic emails.
How we protect your information.
- We only provide articles and information.
- We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
The third parties we share information with are: paper.li and Google Analytics.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles.
They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
Embedded content from other providers may track your interaction with our content. For example, a click on a social “share” button will result in a third party tracking that activity – such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Google etc.
Our site does not allow third-party behavioural tracking.
It's important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal date" above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is paper.li. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Name and Surname
- Email address
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future newsletters
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each newsletter and you will be automatically unsubscribed.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO www.ico.org.uk if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
5 Brayford Square
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- Small business GDPR policy template
Privacy Notice Policy: v.1.2 December 2022