More good stuff! OK, as I just know that there are many ex-TV trade guru's amongst the Brethren (not to mention a smattering of University trained electronics whizzes) ... can anybody get me excited about Genlocks?

With reference to the first .jpg, I found this board lurking inside a BBC Micro (second .jpg). That's the great thing about these old microcomputers ... they're like boxes of chocolates, in that you never know what you're going to get until you take off the lid!

After consulting with a good buddy on another forum, we have decided that the board is a Genlock. It must be said that there was a pretty strong clue, in that "GL 284 Issue 1" was printed on the back of the board!

I know that it's a bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose that anyone has come across this particular board in a BBC Micro before (and, if so, what was it used with, for, and why)?

Lastly, with reference to the second .jpg, can anyone spot the electrical safety violation? You see, there's something here for everyone! smile

Attached Images
Genlock 1.jpg (212.17 KB, 1808 downloads)
Genlock 2.jpg (281.84 KB, 1384 downloads)

If you don't inspect ... don't expect.